Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Schefflera has some brownish discoloration on new leaves

Posted by oneleaf (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 5, 10 at 12:26

I have a Schefflera in a gritty mix that has been doing real well. The plant has been putting out lots of fresh new growth. However, many of the new leaves are showing some brownish discoloration on it. It seems to be showing up on the bottoms and because of the transparency of new leaves, it is visible from the top.

It had some mealies infection that I have been controlling with rubbing alcohol and neem oil.

Here are some photos. Thanks!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Schefflera has some brownish discoloration on new leaves

I'll guess and say maybe a fungal infection but don't really know. Doesn't look like sunburn.
If you are putting leaf shine on the plant it isn't doing the plant any good. It just clogs the pores.
New leaves are shiny some but normally that goes away when this big.

o
RE: Schefflera has some brownish discoloration on new leaves

luckily it has not gotten worse over the past week. And new shoots are fine. I did neem oil on it for mealies which is likely why it looks a bit shiny.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here