Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hey, Happy Halloween!!

Posted by hopefulauthor z5IL (hopefulauthor@sbcglobal.net) on
Thu, Oct 31, 13 at 12:27

I know a Halloween thead was started, but today's Halloween....
Can't believe how fast 10/31'st approached.
Soon it'll be Christmas....

The spookiest thing regarding Halloween and plants is, every so often, my Calathea leaves move. Not just a little, but literally sway from one side to the other.

I've checked to see if a mouse or some odd critter was creeping in soil, but nada.
The first time it happened, I though my plant was haunted. lol
Too much Steven King, I guess.

So: HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Toni

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hey, Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween Toni, lol...love that spooky story about your Calathea...it must be haunted :o)

Our Halloween in my town is over...we celebrated trick or treat night here on the last Saturday of October, weird town,lol...so we had it last Saturday! Tonight will be a very quiet one...

Happy Halloween to ALL!!

o

TY & Happy HW to you too, Toni & all who stop by. Plant-related HW stuff? The wind is causing tons of acorns to hit the metal roof of our carport and the one over my potting area, sounds like we're being attacked. Orange Lantana along the fence is blooming its' head off. There's pumpkins sitting next to plants, but DS hasn't had an interest in carving them. Plants are braced for a storm, it's windy! The sky looks creepy and angry.

o

Hey Nancy,

Regarding Calathea...I'm sure there's a scientific explanation, but since today's Halloween, we can talk spooky. :)

Ironic, last Saturday, trick-or-treaters went store to store. There had to be 100 kids..I think they come from other towns.

Doesn't matter though..Tonight they'll be trick-or-treaters..I bought 6 bags of candy..if they don't show, more for me. lol.
This year I bought candy bars...no sour crap. That stuff is awful. lol.

Well, Happy Halloween.

There's quite a few horror movies on TV. If you enjoy...

o

Purp, guess we were typing the same time...

Happy Halloween to you, too!!!

Perfect weather for Halloween. Wind, creepy sky, and acorns flying on your roof. lol.

Sometimes dh's are a pains in the.............

I asked dh to take Halloween decorations out of the basement closet..
The reason I didn't is there's SPIDERS. And you know how much I love spiders....
I didn't buy a pumpkin this year, so it doens't feel as Halloweenish as usual.
Dh will pay for being lazy. :)

Your garden setup is so cozy..Combo between Halloween and Thanksgiving. :_

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here