Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
haeclark

repotting money trees

haeclark
17 years ago

I just bought a money tree last week. I hear they like to be root bound...so how do I tell when to repot it without it getting sick?

Is this soil good to use for it: 1-part sterilized soil, 1-part peat moss, bark, or leaf mold, and 1-part coarse sand or perlite. Or is there a diff kind of soil that would be better?

Okay, I know that when watering it, I need to saok it until water start to come out at the bottum, then I let it dry out. But how deep should it dry out in the soil before re-watering? Compleatly? Acouple inches? I heard about a chopstick meathod where you re-water when the stick becomes dry...but it was unclear as to wheither the stick should stay in during re0watering or if it had to be taken out and soaked.

Dose it need or like fertilizer...and if so, how oftin should I give it to the plant?

The tree I have now is approx. 8" tall (4" brown trunk and 4" green trunk and branch, not counting the leaves them-selves), and is still in the 4" panterra pot (seems more like 3" or 3.5" at the base though) I bought it in. Is it time for a repot? If so how much larger should I go...just an inch or two?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz