Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My biggest plant

Posted by greenlarry UK 8/9 (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 12 at 14:53

This is my Aloe juvenna, my only surviving Aloe. It nearly died but I managed to resurrect it, so it would possibly be even bigger if that hadnt happened.
I dont know what Im gonna repot it into next, a bucket? Aloes have strong, fast growing roots and this one is constantly producing pups, tho its not at the moment.

It hasnt flowered yet otherwise Id restart it from a pup. I really want to see flowers but it's getting so big!

Id gladly swap it for a small aloe!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My biggest plant

Its gorgeous, I have two aloe's different variety. Not as big as yours.

o

Thanks. Heres a close up of her spikiness:

o

Haven't seen that one before. I only have Aloe vera.

o

It is very nice and in fact I have one like it. Mine has yet to flower, but I must say yours is huge in comparison.

Great job with that one. What did you do to save it? Nice.

Mike

o

Well basically I just brougt it indoors after a bad storm. My greenhouse and most of my plants were mush. All my cacti and aloes gone, and this one quite damaged. Had to emergency repot it and cut off some damaged stems. It looked bad and was reduced to half its size!

o

Wow, must of been one heck of a storm!

I am glad you were able to svae that one. It would of been sad to loose it. That is a keeper! When it flowers, please, let us know. I hope mine does some day.

Mike

o

Yea mike we often get bad wind storms this time of year. I had 2 greenhouses destroyed in the same way, no more. Ok they werent glass greenhouses as I couldnt afford one like that but even so it was sturdy enough. Or at least I thought so.

o

man thats the worst,,
just when everythings goin along smooth, (Something) comes along n sets ya back,
storm, bugs, 'Vactn' drought, whatever it is,,, srry to hear it mate, :(

Thats a Cool Aloe tho, ive recently become attracted to em myself,
glad you were able to Save her, :)
is almost Any plant able to flower then? sure dint know an Aloe would? lol

o

Yea most aloes will flower for you, including aloe vera, altho that needs to be outdoors cos it gets big!
Theyre related to red hot pokers

o

Thats a gorgeous plant. What kind of light requirements does it have

o

Larry, beautiful Aloe. Aloes usually flower from autumn into winter. Closeup pic shows off its red hues. I like that.

Glass vs plastic gh. Actually, plastic holds more heat and humidity than glass. I didn't believe it, until I researched green houses prior to getting one.
Of course, it depends on thickness..mm? And temps.

o

Polly, it likes as much light as you can give it, or it will grow in shade.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here