Original Author
    11 years ago

P Silver

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Ooh I do like that Silver! !

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

I love both of these plants! They don't look like they came from Exotic Angel, the only house plants I can find for sale lately. Not complaining about that, as long as they keep getting different ones. That's cool that someone with a ton of huge plants already would be interested in these "little kitties."

The top one looks like it will hold itself upright for a while, but curious if you want to hang the second one or give it a support to climb.

Don't want to risk creeping-out someone new, but have been dying to know where you are, Polly. At least the state if you feel comfortable.

11 years ago

I think your Philo is really this Scindapsus. Or is that an "old" name...?

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Not a Pothos is it? ;)

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Not a Pothos is it? ;)

• Polly381
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Purple, the latin name is Scindapsus pictus argyraeus. I only posted the common name. Both plants are from Exotic Angel (Home Depot)
    the other plant is Philodendron Scandeus

I live in N. E Pennsylvania.

As far as little plants, if I dont stop buying plants that get big, I wont have room to live. LOL I am hanging them together. I am putting both pots into one pot but, until spring. I want to see what the Brazil does.
    Larry good call, see the link scroll down.
    Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: Scindapsus

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

See I generally dislike variegated plants, the splashy splodgy kinds are a turn off for me,but this S.pictus is right up my street!

• Polly381
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Larry, maybe you get find it online.It was only a few dollars.

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Well i know its name, its logged in my noggin, I will get one if I encounter it.

11 years ago

I was just wondering if they've renamed it from Scindapsus to Philodendron, or the other way 'round and back again. That's one of the ones I've been hoping to find, so pretty!

The closest HD here is over an hour away but I find quite a few EA plants at WM. Finally had a chance during the daytime on a weekday to visit a garden center in another town that I drive by once a week and it was closed for the season, possibly forever. Frustrating!

Glad to know these plants were from EA. The ones I find at WM lately are in these no-hole cache pots and I didn't know if WM was doing that or EA. Unless you had already taken yours off, looks like it's WM that's doing it.

Potting these two together sounds like a cute idea! It had occurred to me to do the same with Philos 'Micans' and 'Brazil' to save space this winter but haven't decided yet. They may remain in the tiny pots with the tiny pots sitting within the rim of other, larger plants.

Totally thought you were in FL for some reason. Wishful thinking that we'd become fast friends and you'd invite the family down for a week at your beachside house with the indoor pool and jacuzzi while we admire your beautiful plants in the lovely light of sunset, eating gourmet catered food served by barely clad cabana boys as the servants entertain the kids and scratch off all of our lottery tickets, which are all winners. Guess I had a facet or 2 of that fantasy a little off... Anyone else who says they weren't having an identical fantasy (except maybe cabana gals instead of guys) is just not being honest, don't even try that. I know better.

I have family/friends in Scranton. Beautiful area! Always wanted to go skiing up that way but never visited during snow season.

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Was there a pic for Moonlight?

• Polly381
    Original Author
    11 years ago

">>Totally thought you were in FL for some reason. Wishful thinking that we'd become fast friends and you'd invite the family down for a week at your beachside house with the indoor pool and jacuzzi while we admire your beautiful plants in the lovely light of sunset, eating gourmet catered food served by barely clad cabana boys as the servants entertain the kids and scratch off all of our lottery tickets, which are all winners. Guess I had a facet or 2 of that fantasy a little off... Anyone else who says they weren't having an identical fantasy (except maybe cabana gals instead of guys) is just not being honest, don't even try that. I know better. HAHAHAHAHHAAA I Wish. I hate the winters. Thats one of the reasons I have all the plants, so I can pretend its not cold frozen and barren outside. If you ever get up this way, give me a holler, I would love to meet you.

>>They may remain in the tiny pots with the tiny pots sitting within the rim of other, larger plants.Exactly what I am doing. I figured the Brazil is going to go straight up. Not sure though, so I will refrain from planting them together until I know what the plan is.

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Pirate, Im not sure but I think its the first pic, the al green plant.

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Thanks GL, I'm sorry, I misread it & expected a 3rd plant, going too fast I guess, thanks.

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Polly...

Those are beautiful. I am sure they are in good hands. Now watch them grow fast.

I have an interest in the 'moonlight' one. I have one and I love it. The new leaf comes out a bright yellow on mine.

11 years ago

" If you ever get up this way, give me a holler, I would love to meet you. " Likewise! Whenever you're in the middle of nowhere AL, do drop in! Smiles!

• Polly381
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Mike, how big does moonlight. LOL

• Polly381
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Mike, how big does moonlight get. LOL

• Polly381
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Pirate
    Sorry for the confusion, I was putting a title on the first pic.

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Polly, beautiful Philos.

Moonlight can get large. It will eventually need staking.

Purple, I know Polly's plant as Scindapsis, too. Although the name could have been changed..
    Did you say it had a common name? If so, what is it?

• Polly381
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks hopeful, OH my another large plant.. I will eventually have room upstairs. LOL

Scindapsus pictus
    On the plant tag it says Philodendron Silver, but it is indeed a Scindapsus.

Scindapsus pictus (Satin Pothos) � Zone 10

Scindapsus are climbers closely related to philodendron and feature leathery, heart-shaped leaves that can be trained to trail down or climb upwards.
    Height: 6-12" Width: 3-6"

Blooms: White