Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Are all your pots in from the storm? Protected?

meyermike_1micha
11 years ago

Well, I did all I could to spare mine from winds gust of up to 70 miles per hours by stuffing them in my garage!

Well the wind took the front door out and now they aere all blown over and strewn all about the yard and I am at work and can't do a thing about it!:-((((

I hope thay have not rolled down the street into lalal land.

How about you, did you get them all into a safe location?

We still have several hours of this wind, thunder storms and Squall lines. Ohhh my

Mike

Comments (16)

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear that damage, but pls. note there are hours left to go.

The storm's not even predicted to hit land for the next 2 hrs (predicted landfall in in NJ).

Folks need to pls. realize it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better, so pls take any precautions you can think of.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Oh that's a bummer, so sorry to hear!!!

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Hey Mike,

Sorry to hear that damage, but pls. note there are hours left to go.

The storm's not even predicted to hit land for the next 2 hrs (predicted landfall in in NJ).

Folks need to pls. realize it's going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better, so pls take any precautions you can think of.

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Karen, I hope you are doing well. I heard you got close to a direct hit with all that rain.

Thanks Purple...It has been non stop for hours with sustained winds over 45...

Thanks Karen for your concern.

Mike

• rachelthepoet
    11 years ago

We've pulled many/most of our pots into the garage--as many as we could fit! The remaining pots outside haven't blown away yet, but I am worried about them. Very cold and windy here in Western NC. Might snow tonight.

Stay warm and safe, everybody!

• odyssey3
    11 years ago

All my pots are in the house as of yesterday (well, except for some large roses in containers). So windy, rainy and cold here near DC. Looks like everything will be closed again tomorrow. Our power flickered but came back on a little while ago--feel like it is an inevitability we will lose it at some point. Worst is yet to come.

Stay safe everyone and Mike be extra careful when you are trying to corral those windblown plants!!

• silentsurfer
    11 years ago

Stay Safe guys, prayers are with ya's,
    ungh! Mike... so srry mr :(

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hi Mike,

Stay safe..Containers can be replaced.. You can't. ;-)

Karen.. You stay safe as well. Lots of flooding in NY right now. I see that Battery Park is now under water. Still more water to be pushed with the tidal surge to come. Please stay safe everyone...

Here in Virginia Beach we are still experiencing strong winds, Strong gust, flooding all around.. Power is on and off.

All of my plants were put away several days ago in the prep for this Hurricane.

No losses on any Palms in the yard or any downed Pines.. As of yet.

Watching the news as i hear the gust outside. Makes you wonder what you will find in the morning..

Last year during Irene, we had lots of debris in our yard from the water bringing in treasures from other yards.. We had a Kayak and other little goodies..

Be safe everyone!!

Laura

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Been seeing the reports on the news, scary stuff! Be safe guys!

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

You gals/guys are in my prayers.
    Be safe..Toni

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Luara, Silentsurfer, Racheal, Odyssey, Toni and Larry...Thank so much for your concern.

Still here, but everything is a bit battered. My plants were put on the side of the house and did fine, I know, they should be in by now, but it has been an extremely weird warm month.
    Some of my jades were beaten, but ok.
    It was nice to get the sun today despite all the mess and these extremely warmer and tropical temps.

Mike

• olympia_gardener
    11 years ago

Mike, I am glad to hear that you and your family are all OK.
    Take care.

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

Mike, we had some high winds for a while, but could have been a lot worse than it was for us here...No reports of serious injuries that I know of...

Just wondering why you leave your Jades out so late in the year...a bit risky in my view...Hope they weren't damaged too much.

Christopher

• teengardener1888
    11 years ago

Not much happened in albany

• teengardener1888
    11 years ago

Not much happened in albany

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    11 years ago

Yay, Mike....glad to know that you made it through the storm without a problem. Now you're going to have to get serious about getting the plants inside!