Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tifflj_gw

Hi from vegas!!! What is this plant ID?

tifflj
11 years ago

This is my moms plant and she doesnt know what is it and also wants to give to me for some reason. Yay to me i guess!!! I wanted it anyway!

Vegas is super hot. Just enjoyed a mojito pool side!!!

Comments (15)

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

I think it's an Aglaonema, a kind of arum like scindapsus and pothos.
    Its gorgeous!

• tifflj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I know i love it!!! I cant wait!!!

• raelynn09
    11 years ago

I agree with Greenlarry. I want to say Aglaonema Maria Christina.
    Looks like a happy plant, and the variegation is lovely!

• eahamel
    11 years ago

It's also called Chinese Evergreen. Nice plant!

• tropicbreezent
    11 years ago

And they're easy to grow from cuttings.

• Polly381
    11 years ago

Hi Tiff, great to hear from you. Could you please send some heat to NE PA? LOL
    Beautiful plant & lucky you. Your Chinese Evergreen looks very healthy. IF you are traveling by car, you might want to make sure it isnt in direct sunlight comming home.
    here is the care, I c&p from a site for you.

Common Name: Chinese Evergreen
    Scientific Name: Aglaonemas
    Lighting: Low to Moderate
    Water: Moderate
    Hope your enjoying your visit with your mom, have a safe trip home.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    11 years ago

Correct spelling is Aglaonema. There are so many species names and hybrid crosses that it's almost impossible to accurately name one of these plants. This one looks like the tried and true 'Silver Queen ', to me. So popular for a very long time.

I actually think that this plant could benefit from more light than it's getting now. And once you feel like you're confident enough to propagate plants in a real medium, you'll have so much fun starting more plants.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Pretty!! Your Mom sounds very cool. Glad you're having fun!!

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Morning,

Tiff, you're in Vegas? Lucky you! Visiting or playing tables? If the latter, good luck.

Very nice Aglaonema/Chinese Evergreen,
    I have to agree with Rhizo...your Aglao looks like 'Silver Queen,' although there are new species that look similar.

Have a great time, and please send a little heat this way, too..Toni

• tifflj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey friends. Thanks all for the clarification. I thought it was a chinese evergreen. But let me clarify. My mom is in Johnstown, pa. I went there to drop the kiddos off for the trip.

The plant certainly doesnt need more light... It sits in moms sunroom with has very very high indirect light. If anything it needs love and water. My mom has been neglecting the plants recently as my step dad was recently diagnosed with lymphoma. So they have been in and out of the doctors getting biopsies and what not to see what stage and type to determine treatment. Its beeen pretty stressful. Anyways...

Vegas was nothing to write home about. Hubby got food poisoning and was out of commission thurs eve and friday morn. He is slowly getting better. Feels real weak and run down. But he did muster up strength to see the town. Not our thing.. Too fast paced and we dont gamble, at all. Key west is more our style. But at least we got to see it.

I miss the kids like crazy. Ateast we did relax, and that was most important!!

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Vegas would be my idea of hell!
    Glad the hubby is on the mend!

• tifflj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is a pic from the hotel lobby.

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Looks very christmassy!

• Polly381
    11 years ago

so sorry to hear your hubby got sick, speedy recovery to him. Hubby and I was in LV once and it was boiling outside and when you went into the hotel or it was about 50degrees. I nearly froze we werent able to turn of the AC in our room. I had to wear a jacket inside and take it off outside. Ridiculous.

• tifflj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Polly I cant stand when that happens. All summer I have to carry a sweatshirt with me. I hate freezing cold air conditioner.

Thanks Rhizo, Polly, Larry, Toni, everyone! for your help with the plant ID!!