Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone familiar with Rhipsalis mesembryanthemoides?

Posted by odyssey3 7 VA (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 30, 12 at 17:35

Thanks to the Name That Plant forum, I've learned that my mystery plant is a Rhipsalis mesembryanthemoides. I had no idea it was a cactus. I bought it at HD--they rarely have a plant that I have never seen before, and I had no idea what this was, so I had to get it. Got it last Fall I think. I put it outside for summer in shade, but think wherever sun got to it, it scorched the leaves.

mystery plant 1

mystery plant closeup

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone familiar with Rhipsalis mesembryanthemoides?

Wow that is a cool plant! Congrats on the ID!

o

Thanks Larry! I don't know why I was so lazy and didn't post a picture earlier in the Name That Plant forum. One of the neatest things about this plant is that it gets teeny white flowers along the stem in winter.

Where in the UK are you? My DH is from Lancashire and I love visiting Gordon Riggs garden centers when we go back. I got a Haws watering can there that I use all the time, and another that I don't but it was just so cute in pink.

o

Odyssey Im in the north east, Darlington. Lancashire is in the north west-just a across the way.

o

Never seen that before either. Cool!

o

Larry--ah, just across the lovely Dales.

It is a pretty neat plant purple!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here