Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

(not plant related) BUT!! 54 yrs ago, today

Lamora
11 years ago

my mommy and daddy got married! They are out now spending some time together alone, That doesn't happen too often for any of us anymore.

54 yrs, of being together thru Thick and thin, poorer or richer,(mostly poorer) sickness and health(a lot of sickeness) and better or worse,(could have been a lot more betters for them) and they have seen it all the way thru.

I for one, am very proud of my parents for putting up with a lot of crap from us "kids" and still are. I love them and I am hoping for at least 20 more years of them being together...

Marjie (Hoping I have that much time with my Husband) :)

p/s-- just wanted to say it-- lol

Comments (10)

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    11 years ago

We know the wedding was many years ago, but that's no reason to stop us from hoping the celebration continues still. My prayer is that they can look at their time together as a blessing, instead of an accomplishment ..... but even as an accomplishment, it would certainly be no small thing. No matter what the view, I wish them many happy returns of the day.

Al

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Well, CONGRATS to that! You don't see that too often these days.

My Mom tells everyone she has been married for 40 years...
    Then she says "it feels like 5 minutes"....After the ooh and awes, she says "yes, like 5 minutes under water".lol
    Of course she is kidding.

Happy blessings to you all!

Mike

• Pkhappy
    11 years ago

How wonderful and a great blessing!!! My grandparents were married 60 years before they passed on. I can still hear Madear saying Douglas! Man! if you don't get your butt in here and clean up that mess... He loved to garden and track dirt into the house.

Mike,
    LOL!

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Marji, tell your parents, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY from friends on GW.

54-years is a LONG time. Staying together through thick and thin, poorer or richer, sickness or heatlh, for better or worse is a rarity these days.

Toni

• sherryinmaine
    11 years ago

congrats to your parents!

when I read the title of the post, I thought you were going to announce something else . . . .

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Sherry, I too thought Marjie was going to announce something different..

Mike, ROFL.....

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone~~ and umm- do I want to know WHAT it was you THOUGHT I was going to say?? lol.. But it's all good.

Mom won't remember tomorrow anything about today. So very sad. But she IS still very much in Love with him, as he is with her. That is all that matters...

My Brother bought a big box of Chicken and side dishes and even made them a cake! They went for along ride, ate lunch out, (very rare for them), and they got home safe and sound... It was a good day for them..

Marjie :)

• sherryinmaine
    11 years ago

Hi Marjie- what I thought you were going to say is that it was your birthday!
    It was my birthday on 4 October (so I had an anniversary of sorts, but not the same kind)

Yep, me and sputnik were launched into the atmosphere on the same day . .. . ...
    I'm glad your mom and dad could enjoy being together, and still knowing one another.
    Happy anniversary to them.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Congrats to your folks on their 54th!

Glad this came up, hadn't heard anything about your folks for a while and was going to send you a note today to see how things are going.

Hopefully your Mom's "new" memories will be there waiting for her when she eventually gets to the pearly gates.

• Lamora
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Happy be-lated Birthday Sherry! I didn't know.. sorry. Nope, Not till Next month for my b-day.. the first, if anyone wants to know-- lol. (I hate halloween)

I haven't talked much about mom and dad lately because for as much as I think of you all as friends and family, I rarely see anything "personal" on the threads, so I try to keep it plant talk. But sometimes I just need to share~~ :)

If you want to know anything, just ask.. I am an open book..

Marjie