Original Author
    11 years ago

last one

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Nice family! Lovin the purpleness!

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Where did you get that Palm? I have been looking for that same one for years...

Nice collection there and I love the colors.

Have fun!

Mike

• Polly381
    11 years ago

OMG your as bad as me LMAO. I just got in from the store, lowes was having a clearance. I will post the pics in a little while.

• tifflj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A friend sent a care package. Hopefully I can keep them all going. Im scared! Wish me luck!

• Polly381
    11 years ago

OHHH How nice, I thought you went on a buying spree. Getting them as a gift is better yet.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hi Tiff!!

Love all of your new additions!!

You will have lots of fun with all of the different varieties!!

Just in time for Thanksgiving!! Its all about "Family"

Guess i need to invite more to my house!! ;-)

The plants from friends mean more to me than any that i could purchase, enjoy them for many years to come!

I also wanted to say that the pics of your little ones playing is so precious!! You have a wonderful family and im sure this temporary arangemant will be even sweeter when you have your own place. Enjoy your father.. I wish mine was still around to love.

Thanks for all of the great threads and for you having such a wonderful personality!!

Brightens up the forum!! ;-)

Take Care,

Laura

• tifflj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Aaww, Laura, Thank you so much. I was actually just laying in bed this morning saying...I need to stop posting so much on the GW. Ppl are going to get real sick of seeing threads from me and I will wear out my welcome real quick. So after my New Family post, I was going to take a break from starting new threads or asking so many questions. I dont want to be a thorn here.

These boy are something else I tell ya. My oldest feels like my best friend right now sad and weird to say. But because he isnt talking yet...only saying different words from time to time...we communicate different and we have so many unspoken things that we do in a day it is like having a best friend that knows you that well where you dont have to say anything. I am such a lucky mom. These guys are my world...hubby of course included.

This is my Father In Law. I do enjoy him actually because I am one of those whose real dad didnt want anything to do with. And my mom married when I was already grown so..that is still like not having a dad. But ANYWAY. No boo hoos here. I am who I am because of it so.. :)

Thank you fo the sweet words. So nice coming from someone ya never met.....totally made my night, except for my new family members!

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Don't know when I've seen a better looking bunch of plants! Wow I really like those!

11 years ago

And nobody is sick of your threads. If they are, they're just skipping by and not reading. If you have a question, post it.

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

I ma never sick of your threads and in fact love reading them. I see kindness written all over you and many others here!

Hello Laura, Purple, Larry and Polly! Hey that rimes..lol

Have a great day everyone. Some one had a big heart to send you those Tiffany!

Mike:-)

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Tiff dont stop posting, I love doing plant talk! No-one in my world is into plants (its seen as a 'girl thing') so bring on the chat!

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Tiff, great collection; the Palm is my favorite..What a find!
    Purple has a beautiful Palm w/a tall, thick trunk I admire..wonder if you two have the same types.

Tiff, don't even think about taking a break from GW..You're a sweetie, and it's always nice talking to you. Toni

• tifflj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You all are so awesome!!!!

Yes, they are a beautiful bunch of plants. The person that sent them to me is super awesome and is helping me get my feet wet. I cant be more grateful to them right now! My husband is also excited for me. I told him yesterday how much doing this meant to me and how much I really love it. He is happy I have something like this to do.

NO ONE in my world is into plants either it seems. Sucks. I made a FB post a month or so ago telling my friends I have a new hobby and how exctired I am and if anyone is into this I would love to plant shop and exchange stories...not one bite. Phooey.

Went to HD to buy more ingerdients for the 511 and one of those plants jumped into my cart again. Dang those things. I am not sure what it is called as the thing in it had no information but I think Purple has one. It has kind of oval shaped leaves and the leaf is green, purple, and redish...I will get a pic soon. Jake wants to go outside and play. The weather is insanely beautiful here right now...

• tifflj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Gotta love iPhones!!

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Tiff, even upside down, your plant is an easy ID. :)

It's Maranta, Prayer Plant or Cathedral Windows.

Watch leaves fold at night...hence the name, Prayer Plant.

Before I forget again, what's the plant to the right of your Palm? Toni

• tifflj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Its a Drac. sanderiana.

Really?? The plant folds at night...??? NEATO!!! You will see me starring at it tonight waiting for it to fold!!

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Love the maranta, i used to have the spotty leaved ones!
    That iphone of yours needs to work out how to rotate the pics! Have you set it to auto rotate? Also try holding the phone like you would a camera, [__] rather than []
    I take a lot of photos with my phone. Also see if you can download Picsay for it- its free, or at least it is for Android phones...

11 years ago

It's funny to watch people bring the same EA plants home soon after they ship them out, apparently in batches. That does look like the same one I got a couple/few weeks ago. Why does time go by faster this time of year? It's getting away from me.

More about the folding leaves.

I keep forgetting to look at this plant at night!

• deadheadri
    11 years ago

Uh-oh! Someone else caught the GW Disease!
    Another Intervention coming up.. :-)

Good Luck with the new additions Tiff!

Charlie

• tifflj
    Original Author
    11 years ago

AAWW, Charlie. So nice to see you. Where have you been hiding!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Beautiful Prayer Plant Tiff!

It is certainly my pleasure.. ;-)

I remember when my kids were that age.. time flys by so fast. Enjoy to the fullest!! Go give them a HUG!! :)

Have a wonderful night!!

Laura

• deadheadri
    11 years ago

Hi Tiff!

I'm around.. I come on to say hi to a few peeps and lose the threads.. then start reading old stuff (love that search box)
    and then forget to say hi to the people I came on to say hi to!
    Currently gearing up for Monday's hurricane.. not gonna be fun. :( Glad you're doing so well here!

Charlie

• tropicbreezent
    11 years ago

Your palm looks like a Parlour Palm, Chamaedorea elegans.

But keep posting, you're a long way from wearing me out.

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Tropic, you think Tiff's palm is a Parlour Palm?

It's possible, I'm awful ID'ing palms, but I've never seen PP w/a thick trunk. I thought PP fronds were closer together, and not as long. ????

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!