Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Plant Identification :-)

Posted by suzy713 Zone 5 Chicago, IL (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 19, 11 at 19:52

Greetings, and thank you in advance to anyone who can I.D. my mystery house plant!! It is about ten inches tall from the base to the highest leaf, and somewhat resembles a miniature corn plant (without the trunk). There are a few small peperomia cuttings in the pot also. Here's a picture, soda can is for size scale:
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Plant Identification :-)

Hi Suzy. I'm not 100% certain but your plant looks like Dracaena 'Janet Craig.' JC's are similar to Corn Plants but don't have woody canes.

They're fast-growers, so be prepared to up pots yearly. If needed. Toni

o

Hi Suzy, the leaves remind me very much of my Chlorophytum x 'Fire Flash', but without the fluorescent orange ribs... I, too, am curious to know what your plant is!

GB

o

What are the leaves like? Tough? Tender? How does the veining run? Are the leaves on petioles or do they grow right from the stalk? How do the new leaves emerge?
Did you repot it & know what the roots look like?

o

I think we need to see a different picture or two, and from different angles. It's a little difficult to nail this one down with this particular image.

o

• Posted by suzy713 Zone 5 Chicago, IL (My Page) on
    Thu, Oct 20, 11 at 20:03

Thank you for the input, guys :-)

Here are a few more pictures. First is a shot from above, and second is a closeup of the base of the stem. Hope these help!
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

That's pothos and Dieffenbachia, I think. Two plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here