Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help! need id and care help!!

Posted by maj115 (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 28, 11 at 20:49

thought this was bamboo but was told on the bamboo forum that it was not and to try the house plants forum so here it is.

need help to id this plant so that i can look up the specific care details... as yo can see its leaves are going yellow, what you cant see is that the leaves have also become thinner (not as in thinned out). help is needed desperately, thanks in advance.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc51/majiko115/DSCN0587.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help! need id and care help!!

Hi Maj,

Sorry, but your your link doesn't appear to be working. (I too use Photobucket, so I know how this works).

Pls. go back to your pic & copy & paste from under the pic the THIRD LINE of code only, into a message you've started here. Initially once you paste it here, it'll look like gibberish but when you check the 'Preview' the image should be visible. You may need to try it a time or two to get it right, not uncommon, pls. try again.

o

your link.

Compare to Dracaena sanderiana

o

You can copy links to your browser's address bar, paste them there, and hit enter. It doesn't have to be clickable to use it.

o

Hi AMC,

If you're talking to me, it was a copy & paste that I tried that didn't yield anything.

o

Maj,
The plant you have is not real bamboo (which is actually a grass), but a dracaena plant commonly sold under the name "Lucky Bamboo". I can't help you with it's care because I've killed all of mine and won't buy them anymore. Sorry.

Nancy

o

Karen,
is the copy & paste working for you now?
I just tried it, and it took me to the pic.

Josh

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 29, 11 at 13:45

Maj - you'll find a basic overview of the easiest way to healthy plants over the long term at the link below.

Al

Here is a link that might be useful: Follow me to see what he's talking about!

o

Your plant is Dracaena Sanderiana.

Lucky Bamboo 'stalks' grow best in water. Your (type of) Dracaena should be potted in soil, but will thrive in water, too. The difference is, when in water, it is slower-growing.

BTW, your Begonias are doing fantastic.

Is the Dracaena growing in the same pot w/Begonias? If so, please remove.
Begonias and Dracaena require different care including sun and water. Toni

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here