Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
osakawebbie

Pothos leaves super close together

osakawebbie
9 years ago

As I propagate shoots of my pothos (cut off the last foot or so of longer shoots, root in water, then plant), a few grow normally but most have an odd behavior after they get settled into soil life. Instead of the usual couple inches between leaves, each new leaf will come out very close to the previous one, creating a stunted cluster of leaves instead of a stalk that goes somewhere, like a vine should. I originally thought it was a lack of light, due to where the pot is (each stalk will get more light as it gets taller, but down in the pot light is less), but if I move a stunted stack around to get it in a brighter spot around the pot, it just grows more stunted stalk in a different direction - the last photo in my image shows the twisted mess I end up with if I do that a couple times. And recently I found the same problem with a stalk in a different pot that gets lots of light, so that isn't the problem. Any thoughts on what to do with these things? There is a bamboo lattice-like thing that I want to wind these stalks through, but while two of about eight are growing like mad, the rest are just making these funny clusters.

Comments (5)