Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
splatteredwhim

ID this plant? It's leafy with pink edges.

splatteredwhim
11 years ago

Hi, I impulsed this at the grocery store today, but I don't know what it is. The tag says "foliage" which is super-unhelpful. Can anyone tell me what this is? (Apologies that it's sideways. I can't figure out how to rotate it.)

Comments (6)

• tifflj
    11 years ago

I am a newbie. Sorry I cant help, but I wanted to say the plant is beautiful and will be curious to hear what it is. By the way someone will chime in anyminute on what it is. These ppl are gushing with knowledge. Its awesome!
    Tiff

• odyssey3
    11 years ago

Looks like a cordyline (aka Ti plant) to me.

• flowerpottipper
    11 years ago

Yes, that is a cordyline/Ti plant, not sure exactly which Cordyline, but it's in that family. One of my local stores that I buy plants at gets in shipments of them every now and then with ones that are all bright pink to almost red, and I think they are so beautiful... but they are a pretty good size plant and require bright light and I just don't have room for bigger plants that require that much light. I think i'm up to my capacity of large plants that require bright lights for the moment...

Anyways, very nice plant, I have no experience to share but it's a common house plant that should be easy to find information on.

-FPT

• greenlarry
    11 years ago

Cordyline or Dracaena, both related.

• tropicbreezent
    11 years ago

It is a Cordyline, not a Dracaena. They grow easy from cuttings and there's a large range of coloured cultivars available, broad and narrower leaves. Kept too much in the shade they tend to become more green. They need moisture but not too wet.

• splatteredwhim
    Original Author
    11 years ago

So these can get pretty big? The ones I got yesterday are very little, two stalks in a 2 inch cube. How quickly do they grow?

Sponsored
WellCraft Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars61 Reviews
Virginia’s Full Service Design-Build Remodeling Company