Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phytoro

Watering with soft water

PhytoRo
10 years ago

We recently moved to a new house and I�ve been trying to get my old collection of house plants little by little. It�s been a few months and some of my plants are not thriving at all, I killed a spider plant and I had no idea what was going on. Today somebody told me that if I water my plants with the water from inside my home I could kill them, because we have a water softener. Is this true? I don�t know what to think. My peace Lily is doing quite good (not flowering, but very big, dark green and pretty), I have a bromeliad which is giving out two "daughters", my Dracanea also has two daughters coming out and my Coleus and Pothos seem to be okay. However...I almost killed an entire spider plant...the easiest plant ever! My croton is slowly dying and in general, unhappy, and my dieffenbachia started to have random yellow leaves that are too numerous for my peace of mind.
So...am I really killing them with this water? Anything I should do other than getting the water from the outside hose?
Help!

Comments (4)