Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pls suggest a large indoor plant that needs little light

Posted by frebay ca (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 5, 10 at 2:04

I am looking for suggestions for a large indoor plant (floor to ceiling) for an area that will have no natural lighting. will a ficus lyrata work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pls suggest a large indoor plant that needs little light

You'll need to clarify 'no natural light' for me. Do you mean that this plant will receive zero light from any window source? Thus, you'll be relying on artificial lighting?

o

This might help..

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=aaplw&va=low+light+houseplants

o

Here is a discussion on this subject.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/houseplt/msg0311454712871.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Low Light

o

Speaking of indoor plants with light problems, my Ficus Lyrata have dropped a lot of it's browning leaves since I put it near our west window. I admit it doesn't get enough light that's why I have a 3 bulb floor lamp lighting the plant. Question is, is it really working? I have 3 regular CFL bulbs on it, 2 warm and 1 cool. Is regular CFL bulbs effective? Or do I need special CFLs to help my Ficus Lyrata to bounce back? Thank you to anyone who could help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here