Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ti-logs

Posted by scheek tn (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 8:05

Does anyone have any idea where to purchase ti-logs? I am looking for some really nice ones. I Purchase some logs last year where you had to scrape wax off the ends and soak in water and none of them rooted. I bought 3 red and 3 green.The place I bought them new they were old. The package they came in was not new. Don't think I will use this kind again. If you can give me some tips or some places I can get some of these at reasonable price please let me know. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ti-logs

Someone else might correct me here but I think the plants sold as "ti plants" are just either Cordyline or Plumeria or something like that. Try searching for these.

o

They are (usually, always?) Cordyline fruticosa. recent ti log discussion. Cordyline plants are not hard to find at BBS's, though "find" is the operative word, they have them occasionally, usually in spring down here. Not a constant like Scheff, Sans, Pothos.

o

Ohhh wow what memories!
We bought these when I was a teen many decades ago down in
Hermosa/Redondo beach. We never soaked them or scraped off
the wax. We did lay them flat on top of the soil, it took a good long
time to produce shoots.
Good luck,
Karen

o

Hi...I just google ti logs and got all kinds of places to buy...amazon has the plain green and the red and green for sale....I to remember doing this..used to find them every where....haven't seen them for a long time.....Oh yes scape off the wax and stick them in soil or lay them on the soil....
fun plant to grow.....good luck and have fun...linda

o

Yes, a blast from the past. I remember it was the hip thing to have back in the 70's & 80's and all we would do was lay them on top of the soil, if my brain remembers correctly it took months to see any growth...Keep us posted when you start one
Christine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here