Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tanesha22

Limp Peace Lily- please help!!

Tanesha22
11 years ago

I have two PL plants that are limp and has been for about two weeks now. I've watered them and moved them around and they are still the same. Not sure what I can do now to revive.. Any suggestions???

Comments (13)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Hi Tanesha, welcome to Gardenweb! I'm not sure if you've only had the PL for 2 weeks, or if a problem showed up in that time period for a plant you've had longer.

• jojosplants
    11 years ago

Hi Tanesha22,
    You'll get some great help here. :-)
    Maybe you could provide the group with as much info as possible so they can better help you.

How long have you had the plant?
    What kind of living conditions was it in before going limp?
    How much water was it getting and how often?
    What kind of soil, and does the pot have drainage hole?
    Warm room? cool room? Natural light? feeding it?
    Have you re potted it recently?
    And maybe a little more in detail in it's care since it went limp.
    I know it may seem like a lot, but it's all info that will help the others to help you. :-)
    Best wishes..
    JoJo

• Tanesha22
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I've had one for almost a year. When the leaves started to droop I'd water it and it would spruce right back up. The 2nd one I've had for a few months. I re-potted it and it was doing fine for a while now they are both doing the same thing (limp leaves). Ive changed the location to see if the lighting would make a difference- nothing helps.

For some reason, I am unable to upload a picture. PLEASE HELP!

• jojosplants
    11 years ago

Hi Tanesha,
    Lets see if we can figure out how to upload while waiting for someone to chime in on your plant.

Do you have them uploaded to your computer?
    Do you see just above where your posting that it says
    """Image file to upload (optional):"""
    If you click on the "Browse" button, it should pull up your files, once you browse your files and find the picture you want, just click on it, then hit "open" it should then be in your post, but you wont see it until you view the "Preview"

Does that help you any? I hope so!

If not, can you explain what is happening that your having trouble uploading.

JoJo

11 years ago

Have you looked at the roots? It may be having a bad reaction to your tap water in general, and/or getting too much water, and/or waiting too long between waterings, not sure from your description.

• Tanesha22
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I put the pots in water and let them soak all day yesterday and what do you know... They are back to life!!! :-D

My next question is how can I keep from having to do that again because one of the pots is heavy.

• Tanesha22
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is how the plants looked before.

11 years ago

Those are wilted into what I would consider emergency status.

• Tanesha22
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is how it looked after i soaked them in water for a day. Now I just got to determine how often to water them.

11 years ago

The one on the left looks much better. The one on the right still doesn't look great, but better. All of its' leaves are leaning to the same side, probably toward the light. Do you think it may be too far from the window?

• lisargee
    10 years ago

I have had my peace lily since 2006. It has been re-potted several times and has generally done well. However, of late it hasn't looked very good. It got burned when a friend took care of it some time ago, but since that time it still hasn't recovered. I was told that the water softener water was probably leaving too much salt and also 'burning' the leaves so I have quit using the indoor water. Still my plant doesn't look very good. The leaves are brown/yellow in many places and there are many 'reedy' roots. Can someone provide some insight?

• REBEKAH HAWKE
    4 years ago

Hi all my peace lily was doing well then the flowers started to go brown which may have been due to age but when trimming it I noticed a squishy green brown bit the size of a thumb in the middle of the plant..