Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have a variegated Schlumbergera?

Posted by mrbrownthumb z5 Chicago (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 22, 06 at 13:28

I was in Menards the other day and noticed that a few of the CC looked different than the rest. The edges on some of the stems looked off white or golden. When I was there I thought maybe they looked like that because of bad growing conditions but now I'm wondering if they were variegated.

Anyone have one that's variegated and a picture of it for comparison?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have a variegated Schlumbergera?

I had one. I don't have a picture of the one I had online in my photo album to share, but I did have that same variegated one with the yellow and green leaves I found at a grocery store.
Unfortunately, the leaves all eventually turned green, even with an hour or so of direct sun each day, the same as the reg ones get. It just reverted, much like some of the Avs can do because of poor breeding, and so there was nothing I could do about.
If you want a variegated one to stay variegated, I was told to find the one with the green and white leaves, but that one can be VERY hard to find.

Billy Rae

o

Billy Rae thanks for the info.

o

I am looking for some too! If anyone has new info please let me know

o

I am looking for a variegated schlumbergera, i had a small one but with health issues it got left out in our cold temps and it is toast =( would love to find another one. thank you!

o

Hi,

Try next door (as it were) at the Cactus & Succulent Forum. If you do a search there, I believe you'll find related discussions, not sure about sources.

o

Hi,

Try next door (as it were) at the Cactus & Succulent Forum. If you do a search there, I believe you'll find related discussions, not sure about sources.

o

try ebay. they always have them. THEY ARE EXPENSIVE! no joke.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here