Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

I challange you... lol

Lamora
11 years ago

Hi all, hope your weekend is going well and safe, don't want to hear about anyone getting hurt!

I have had my suspitions about mom watering my TC for a while now, (tho I haven't caught her) it has not dried out at all. Not wanting to blame mom for it (everyone else knows to leave it alone) I was just assuming that it was the old soil not drying out... well, DH watched her yesterday watering it! I was wondering why there was a glass next to it, but again, that's mom's thing, putting things where they don't belong. He told me what she did, and daddy said he has seen her do it several times!! A few times a week!! UGGGGH!! I don't know where to put it so she won't water it. She sure does like it. Keeps talking about how much it has grown, (it hasn't). She thinks it is hers. Hate to tell her it isn't...

I am going to repot it soon (I hope) and with much faster draing soil mix. Maybe that would help with her over watering it. I don't know what to do about it. I really don't have another place for it but where it is. I could tell her not to water it, but she forgets in 2 mins what you just told her. She doesn't mess with the others because they are all in my room, if they were where she sees them all day tho, that would be a problem.

It doesn't seem any "worse for the wear" but that may explain why there is no new growth or flowers on it. Was thinking about putting up like chicken wire all around it so she can't reach it! But I don't think that would work either-- /sigh. She would find a way... plus it wouldn't look good.

So this is my Challange: how do you get a mom that has alzthimers not to water your plants?

Anyone up for a challange? :)

Marjie

Comments (6)