Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Wanted to share some November pics. Please share:-)

meyermike_1micha
11 years ago

Jades

{{gwi:107773}}

{{gwi:107774}}

{{gwi:107775}}

{{gwi:107772}}

Gold fish plant

{{gwi:107779}}

Hoya

{{gwi:112550}}

Another jade in my basement

{{gwi:112551}}

One of my jades starting to flower

{{gwi:112552}}

{{gwi:112553}}

My ten year old jade started from a one inch cutting and a few extras. I am also going to create a Moss garden.

{{gwi:112556}}

{{gwi:107753}}

{{gwi:107759}}

{{gwi:112560}}

{{gwi:112561}}

{{gwi:112562}}

Comments (59)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Wow, usually I can pick a favorite from a group of plants, but really can't in this case. So many pretty ones!!

Still outside here, windows open...

• flora_uk
    11 years ago

The kitchen is in the basement. The house is on a slope front to back so it is below street level at the front and at garden level at the back. 4th from left is a Schefflera. It was a cutting from work. This is the 'reverse' spider. The 'normal' one is the biggy in Teen's 'soldiers' post.

Note my fine collection of cobwebs outside the window ;-)

These little ones live on the opposite windowsill.

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, your spider plant is quite different and I must say beautiful as well as your violots and others.
    How in the world do you get them to grow so nice with such little light? Amazing Flora.

Hi Purple...I'll bet your weather is still warm and I am jealous. What a week thus far. COLD! I wish we could have a winter like last year again.

Awww Toni, you are too kind! I have learned a lot through the years by many wonderful folks here!
    I have gotten a bit brazen and more gutsy in growing plants that would of been inpossible for me at one time.

I LOVe the fragrant and or variegeted plants. But looking at everyones plants is making me lond for many different kinds.
    I need threads like these to lift my spirits up, see all the varieties,see you all and what you have to share, and see all the success stories. I love it.

It's nice to see that all of us here have great looking plants no matter what time of the year it is, especially when half of us have had to forsaken our outdoor ones till next spind which seems so far away.

'Citrusnut', HELLO! Where have you been? Have you been ok? Miss you around here. The foot still hurts and I can't understand why? I get tired of it at times, but work through it pal. Thank you for caring. E-mail me soom, ok?
    The 'Alba' was only about 2 feet tall and thin when I aquired it, and has grown considerably. I am thinking about rooting some cutting come spring and if they take, send you one, I know you like them and they are hard to get grafted, or very expensive.
    It is only going into its second winter and still quite young.
    The aroma smells like a light touch or fresh apples and pear combo aroma. Very different. Fills the area for sure.

The orchard has a much more drastic aroma and hard to decribe, but intoxicating! A very sweet spicy aroma.

Karyn, hey, good to see you. My Michelle Alba is in my greenhouse right now. I had to cut it back to fit it and it has blooms all over! I'll take a better shot for you tomorrow. Heavenly the fragrance and easy to grow. If anyone has to try a most unique plant, this is sure to be one you need to have!

Silentsurfer! You make me laugh and smile every time I see you here. Thanks a million. The world needs more people like you! Let's build you a pond?

Tiff,, Thanks and I envy some of your newbies. That PALM out got is to die for. If you think of it, I would love to see a pic here of it:-)

Kyle, oh yes, you guessed right! You need tp pick on eup for yourself. I would love to help you grow if it need be.

Chris, and the best part of it is that we live so close, that we can meet up and share like we have done before once some of my plants can be cut back:-)
    Thanks for your encouragement as always!

Have a great day all. Please show me more of your pics? I love what you all have to share.

Mike

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Great stuff, Mike! Nice pictures all!

Mike, the moss you added to your pond looks wonderful! Very smooth work...happy frogs! haha.
    Not only do your Jades put mine to shame in the color department, but man your Royal Hawaiian Purple
    is just awesome right now...

I'll see if I can take some pics this week :-)

Josh

• jojosplants
    11 years ago

Love the goldfish plant and jealous of the pond! lol...

JoJo

• petrushka (7b)
    11 years ago

wow, mike! your jades are special. how do you make them flower in zone 5??
    i just brought mine in before the frost. here's one 'tree' about 6-7 years old that i grew from cutting.

11 years ago

Here's what's going on today...

Gibasis geniculata flower (Tahitian bridal veil)

11 years ago

This is from Mother's day, a little maple tree which has gone dormant I think, couple Hypoestes (polka dot plants,) moss, creeping Thyme, Impatiens I thought was dead and cut off a while back, then stuck 3 pieces of Alternanthera where it was. Impatiens grew back and now the two are learning to be CLOSE roommates.

11 years ago

Bunch'o'various Dracaenas

11 years ago

Purple Tradescantia spathacea and NOID pink Syngonium.

11 years ago

Just a few months ago, this was nothing but a piece of stem. NOID Philodendron.

11 years ago

Jade gets more colorful every day.

11 years ago

Pseuderanthemum atropurpureum has turned into a beautiful plant over the past few months!!

11 years ago

Anthurium couldn't decide to make a leaf or a flower on this thing. The color of the other flower is incredible.

11 years ago

Fittonia rocks!

11 years ago

Cordyline caught my eye from this angle a few minutes ago.

Hope you liked them!

• tifflj
    11 years ago

She seems so happy here, hanging. I love looking at this plant. Makes me smile.

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ummmm...OMG>>....Lol

I just believe the beautiful plants shown here everyone, even in the month of November! I can't wait to see what awaits us for December!

What a great bunch of plants to match a great bunch of people:-)

Keep them coming, please.

Mike

• citrusnut
    11 years ago

Wow, so many pretty plants.

Mike, been busy and tired; but was lurking from time to time catching up on my favorite forums. Very glad they finally added an Adenium forum. Sorry to hear your foot still hurts. Sounds like it will take a lot more time to heal. Hope your rooting experiment with M. alba works. It would be wonderful to get a piece. Nice to hear from you.

• flowerpottipper
    11 years ago

Heres my new plant I bought two days ago (Yes, I'm still aquiring more plants,and always will be cause I love them so much LOL). I found this one at my local nursery that just got them in with other Christmas plants and I thought it ws so interesting-

Panama hat plant (Carludovica palmata 'Jungle Drum')-

• tifflj
    11 years ago

i am going to make a baby hanging basket for this beautiful wandering jew i clipped from a friend. the colors in this are just extraordinary...to me anyway

• tifflj
    11 years ago

my new drac deremensis...for $1.50

• tifflj
    11 years ago

what i put in the pot i found in the shed

• tifflj
    11 years ago

everyones fav palm...no thanks to me, i didnt grow it, it was a gift. i will probably kill it... ;) kidding...i hope

• tifflj
    11 years ago

marley... he is getting big. love it

• tifflj
    11 years ago

Ziggy... hehe

• tifflj
    11 years ago

one of my favs.

• tifflj
    11 years ago

baby palm with a philo

• flowerpottipper
    11 years ago

Cyperus prolifer that's grown like crazy-

• flowerpottipper
    11 years ago

Euphorbia 'DiamondFrost' that I got for a dollar, probaby needs to go outside but it's doing wonderfully on a cold windowsill-

• flowerpottipper
    11 years ago

And a bunch of small plants under lights for the fall and winter (as you can see, I love all kinds of pots, even if they dont match lol)-

• petrushka (7b)
    11 years ago

purple your cordyline looks gorgeous! one day i'll get south and then...
    for now my thankgiving cactus that usually blooms while i am away , decided to bloom 2 weeks earlier. by the way , it's really snowing here - giantflakes blowing blizzard like!! this is pretty unheard of for nyc!

• elkay_gw
    11 years ago

Some of mine....

{{gwi:112566}}

{{gwi:83507}}

{{gwi:112568}}

• petrushka (7b)
    11 years ago

lots more buds opened on my TC, so i moved it for viewing to the kitchen isle, next to sansi,zz, and golden pothos.

• jodik_gw
    11 years ago

Wow! Everyone has been busy, I see! Nice photos, everyone!

Hey, Mike! I'm still drooling over your orchid and gardenia photos! :-)

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    11 years ago

Mike,
    Love those photos. Keep up the good work.
    Stush

• tifflj
    11 years ago

Stush- wanted to ask you... Are from an area out rt. 28? Or wife named Barb?

11 years ago

tifflj,
    No not even close. I'm by the Greater Pittsburgh Air Port area. I was wondering about where your are from?
    Stush

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Citrusnut!
    Thanks for your concern and as I tell others, please remind me come the spring to root one for you. You have my e-mail and it would be nothing for me to try, although I have heard they are very difficult to root.
    Hope all is better for you too:-) I hope you had a great fig harvest!

Stush, how have you been and the wife? I hope you are both well. Please keep in touch. I owe you too:-)

Jodik..lol. Don't worry, now those are very easy to root! In fact, I could pick one up for you for less than a cigarrette would cost.lol

Petrushka and Tiff...WOW. Tiff your collection sure has grown and Petushka, nice to meet you. Very nice plants I must say and Tiff, you have one that I have always wanted.
    Thanks for sharing such nice plants in November!
    Petrushka, just how big is that room anyhow? Wow

Elkay, I am in love with that very light colored San's. That is not your average Joe bought at Walmart or anywhere for that matter and if so, well, divulge, will ya? lol

FlowerPotTipper. Thank you!Your purple colored plant is very nice as well as the rest. Very nice!

Tiff...Your Jungle Drum certainly grabbed my attention. Those are the kind of plants I would make room for if I found one. It looks like a dark lit loving plant! Lucky you.

Please, let's keep them coming! Love the RED T.C's! Nice.

Mike

• tifflj
    11 years ago

Stush, grew up in Johnstown, in Cecil/bridgeville @ father in laws looking for a house to buy.

Mike, ty yes it certainly has grown!! Jungle drum? Im assuming your talking to purple??

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey Tiff! Lol, it was FlowerPotTipper!

Thank you for that:-)
    Yes, not only has your collection grew, but it has gotten sooooo beautiful!

Mike

• shootemliz
    11 years ago

In for the winter. Had a few more pictures to add but don't know how to do multiples. Advice, anyone...

11 years ago

Tifflj,
    Nice to know who you are in case be bump into each other at WM fighting over the same plant on clearance. Ha Ha. I find most of my sans at Lowe's in Robinson twn. Then Wal-Mart next store. They down the road to Home Depot. Last but not least, there's always mail order.

Mike,
    You are so nice, you owe me nothing. Nice to have a friend like you.

Stush

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Everyone's plants are doing fantastic.

Mike, I scrolled and re-scrolled, but can't find Jungle Drum...where is it located? Thanks, Toni

• elkay_gw
    11 years ago

Hey, Mike......

Check it out - those 3 sans pups were taken from this Golden Hannii! They don't look anything like the Mom! I hope they stay this white color.

{{gwi:107793}}

• petrushka (7b)
    11 years ago

hi, mike. i am new, sort of... wasn't posting in a long time, but reading often. my plants are quite big by now, but the room is pretty large too (it's kitchen/living room combo in a hi-rise). but yah, it's a jungle. my sans are 4-5 feet from the pot and almost 18 years old. but i like elkays much better:).
    i can't bear to get rid of any of them, so they just 'keep making babies' and filling in everywhere...

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Howdy...decided to add November pics.

Haworthia, in bud

{{gwi:112569}}

Begonia

{{gwi:112570}}

Ledebouria Violacea

{{gwi:112572}}

Plumeria...ready for dormancy

{{gwi:112573}}

Thanksgiving Cactus

{{gwi:112575}}

{{gwi:112576}}

{{gwi:112577}}

Cuttings started 2011

{{gwi:112579}}

Toni

• petrushka (7b)
    11 years ago

how curious, haworthia in bloom!nice! mine never bloomed in oh...15 years. offsets quite nicely, but no blooms.

• meyermike_1micha
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello all! Now Petrushka, I must say AMAZING and you must love every plant you have just as much as they love you:-) It shows.

Toni! How do you do that????You got your Aloe to flower and I too have been trying for years. Nice job and did I tell you how much I love your pictures, here, and in your Flicker account?:-)
    Look at those pretty flowers !!

Purple, are you still following this? Purple?
    What in the world is that most handsome plant you posted on Nov 6 at 18:06~ That very very red stemmed one? Is that really a Cordyline? I never saw on that red or that vivid. Very nice.

Stush...You know I feel the same about you too. You are a good man and very kind:-)

Elkay!@ !!!!!!! What do you want to trade for a pup of the most white San's on the right??????? Just ask, and you shall receive! If you ever want to, please let me know. I have a fondness for that color and that one. I love it Elkay!
    Thank you for sharing with me since you know I love that type of variegation!:-)

Shoot! What a cute family of plants you have there. So many different kinds. Oh, it would be so nice if you could just leave them there in good light, right. So nice:-) What's the dark leaf one in the far right corner.?

• jojosplants
    11 years ago

elkay,
    Looks like the "MoM" plant has some explaining to do. LOL!
    Very pretty color!

JoJo