Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help!

Posted by sunshine_mom none (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 13, 13 at 14:56

Hi Everyone! I got this gardenia about a year ago for my birthday and haven't done anything to it besides watering it and getting rid of flying insects once. I'd like to repot and prune it, but have lack of experience. Can you give your suggestions. What would you do? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help!

I apologize, as I'm not providing you with any answers, but I wanted to say that your gardenia looks pretty nice for having had it for a year! My Mother tried growing these outdoors and you would of figured they would have done well, but they didn't make it. >.> Congrats on growing one indoors successfully (I've read they're not the easiest to grow inside).

Planto

o

Thank you! I did have many leaves brown at one point during the summer and some insects. After I got rid of them the leaves got more healthy. I also never allowed direct sunlight on it. The thing that I'm not happy about is that the branches grow all over the place and looks messy. Plus, it got so long that it looks more like a tree than a bush. I'd like it to shorter and have more full foliage. That's why I was wondering how I can prune it since I've never done this before. I've seen some videos on youtube but still afraid to do it.

o

P.S. Pic just to show you how uneven it looks from the top.

o

See if this post will help you :>)
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/secoast/msg021030332150.html

Christine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here