Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fern identification help please

Posted by e-w-031 none (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 11, 13 at 15:12

Hi all,

The folks at the garden center where I bought this couldn't tell me what type of fern this is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the crummy quality photo. It is a bit hairy towards the soil but is not footed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fern identification help please

Looks like rabbit's foot fern to me.

o

Thanks willow07. I thought I had a rabbits foot fern (different plant). It has fuzzy roots, or is that hare's foot fern? In any case the foliage of this new fern looks extremely similar to the one with fuzzy roots.

o

Maybe this plant is younger and hasn't developed the hairy roots yet? Where did you get it? It looks extremely healthy. I have yet to own a fern myself because they don't really appeal to me but I do appreciate a well maintained one.

o

Hi
ferns are really tough to identify lol. i call the big footed ones Bears footmedium, squirrels foot and the small rabbits foot If it has no feet it's probably none of the above ?? lol gary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here