Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lylaribot

Brown spots on Ficus Lyrata (fiddle leaf fig)

LylaRibot
10 years ago

Hello!

About a month ago I Purchased a Fiddle leaf fig tree. Its about 4 feet tall and for the most part seems fine, but I've started noticing the formation of brown spots on some of the leaves, which seem to be growing slowly, and I want to make sure I take care of whatever is causing it!

I've uploaded one photo since they only seem to let you post one, but I can try to find a way to post more if this isnt enough.

As for the specs for where its located and how I'm caring for it, I have it about 10 feet from our two windows, which are North facing (slightly north-eastern), and my apartment is the 4th floor. I water it once a week, using water from the faucet that I let sit out to evaporate the chlorine. I have it currently in the plastic pot I bought it in, which has some holes on the side/bottom and its sitting on a plastic plate.
At some point I plucked a few brown leaves off of the bottom of it, but I figured that those browned and fell off because they were almost completely concealed by other leaves, so light never would reach them. I'm not sure if that helps in the diagnoses in any way?

Anyway, if you have any tips on how I can prevent this brown spotting from continuing any further I would greatly appreciate it! If you need any more info let me know also and I'll do my best to let you know.

Thanks!

-Lyla

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting