Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarahdavign

emergency olive tree

sarahdavign
9 years ago

Hi everyone. I've had a house olive tree for about 4 years, always has done great. Put it out in the summer, bring it in for the winter. no problem. I've also moved apt every year and it's been in different facing windows each time. This year I moved, it's been doing very poorly. Dropping so many leaves I can't count. For weeks. I've always been good about when to water, re-potted it... I bought a grow light and put it on a timer for 12 hrs a day, to see if it needed more light. no help. just keeps dropping. I can't see any bugs. even with a magnifying glass. Nothing. It's in a room with a humidifier so it's not dry. It's a little chilly in here but nothing an olive tree can't handle. I can't imagine that it's cold enough to hurt it.

And to boot, all of my other plants drop their leaves too. My chinese pepper plant dropped all its leaves and then proceeded to grow them back. BUT as the leaves are maturing, some have started to drop again. I have a leafy succulent that drops them as it grows em.

Very frustrating! They either all have an invisible bug, or there's something terribly wrong with my apartment.

help.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax