Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Houseplant book

Posted by tifflj 6 Pitts, PA (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 12, 12 at 19:03

I recently purchased the book... 'The Houseplant Expert'

It is by far one of the best houseplant books by far. Thank you for the recommendation ( whoever did a month or so ago)

Love love it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Houseplant book

*Looks over at bookshelf* I have that one too... the pages are beginning to fall out due to use!

Planto

o

If you ever get into the more 'unusual' houseplants or just want a different but great houseplant book, try the 'Unexpected Houseplant' (she also writes about a few common houseplants also). It's brand new, just came out a few months ago, and I absoutly love it!! I found mine at Barnes and Noble, and I cant put it down!

I'm still looking for the houseplant expert 2...I think I may have to order it off of amazon...

-FPT

o

Is this book of the series of books by a Dr. Hessayayan (sp?)?

o

• Posted by tifflj 6 Pitts, PA (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 13, 12 at 10:26

Yes, that is the person who wrote it. I cant spell it either at the moment.

FPT. I got the first one off Amazon and they do have the second ne availble there as well. If you get it, an you report back andlet me know if it is worth buying?

o

tifflj-

If I buy it, I will defiently let you know. But I'm wondering if it's just the exact same plants but just with more updated pics or something like that...if so, then it might not be worth me ordering it special (I'm trying to collect more on unusual and exotic houseplants)...also my local book store just got in a used houseplant expert's handbook, which is exactly the same as the full version but much smaller and with less plants and descriptions...I wanted to get it just for my plant libary, but they wanted $6, too much for a used tiny book for me.

If your trying to build a houseplant libary, a wonderful place are 2nd hand/thrift stores... every time I get paid I go to my 5 local 2nd hand stores in hunt of houseplant books and pots. This last time I found 32 magazines from the Orchid society for 10 cents each at one of the stores, I only own 10 orchids but they still have good information in them, and my daughter loves trying to draw the orchids out of them.

-FPT

o

I cant find mine! Had it since the 80s!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here