Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grevillea24

"Of People and Plants" Undergrad Thesis Questionaire

grevillea24
9 years ago

Hey everyone! I'm a senior in the graphic design program at the University of Illinois at Chicago and currently conducting research on my undergraduate thesis topic: the relationships between people and plants. I'm investigating this topic on the grounds of identity, culture, aesthetics, history, symbolism, sentimentality, as well as briefly documenting experiences related to living heirlooms and meaningful practices of personal value (e.g. ceremonial tree-planting, collecting, pressings, etc.).

For this, I've created a quick 10-question survey (multiple choice, with the exception of 2 fill-in-the-blank and 2 short answer) that delves into these topics.

*Three things that you have a right to know:

1. The survey is anonymous and will not ask you for any personal information whatsoever.

2. The questions are neutral and formulated only to serve as a medium for absorbing reflections, perspectives and stories. There are no questions on political beliefs, religious beliefs, or any controversial subject matter otherwise prone to sparking conflict or debate.

3. The data collected will not serve to support any arguments, biases, or preconceived notions. My thesis will only focus on documenting the existence (if any) of various relationships between plants and people.

I want to learn a little bit about you guys and hear your stories :)

I chose this topic because, like many of you, I have a deep, burning passion for plants. While I study graphic design at school, I also work as a landscaper and gardener for a plant store here in the city of Chicago. I'm taking the opportunity to learn more about something else I love while studying something completely different.

I appreciate your responses!! And, I hope that I didn't post this in the wrong place (you can never tell with forums). If I did, then I apologize! This is the only time I will be posting this. As a decent human being I am strongly opposed to spam in any form.

Here is the link! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RQMLGBS