Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A little about me

Posted by wyndrose 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 24, 13 at 21:18

I thought I would give a little back ground on me. I don't know alot about plants my mom and aunt are nutts about plants and have sent me houseplants every spring. I can keep them going about a month then I lose them. About 2 years ago a women from church ask me to help her redo her flowerbeds she gave me some for helping her. Those I can keep alive and enjoy working with them . Now my sons friends started bring plants they are finding in empty houses they clean after people move out.
Well that is about it I just hope I can keep them going

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A little about me

Welcome! I hope that you'll allow us to help you be successful. There is a lot of experience and knowledge in this forum. Knowledge is THE key.

If you spend some time reading through some of the old threads, you'll learn that everything is important when it comes to growing healthy houseplants....the potting medium quality, humidity, light, fertilization, temperature, proper watering, and more.

If you ever need to ask the forum for some help with a plant for any reason, it will be very useful to attach good images. If you don't know what kinds of plants you're being given, we can certainly help with identification.

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 26, 13 at 17:13

Wyndrose - I agree with Dori. Knowledge rules when it comes to being able to consistently bring along healthy plant material. Fortunately, focusing on just a few key things so you get them right can make your growing experience rewarding from the outset. While experience can be a useful learning tool, it's most valuable when used to validate what you've learned. Experience that's a derivative of trial and error is expensive because what we learn usually comes from being bitten on the butt by our errors. Most of that sort of 'learning' is entirely avoidable by acquiring the knowledge first.

Welcome ....... and best luck!

Al

o

"Now my sons friends started bring plants they are finding in empty houses they clean after people move out." How cool! I would never have thought about such a thing. Does this happen often? Sending good vibes!

o

It doesn't happen much maybe once every 4 months this month it has happened alot they just left gave me 3 more they look like cactus to me

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here