Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First plant hanger

Posted by tifflj 6 Pitts, PA (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 12 at 21:36

I punked out and went super simple. Been a little crazy around hete with the kiddos. Teething for one, jealousy for the older. Ugh. So i went super simple because i wanted to get the philo up and in a window.

The blinds are closed for the picture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First plant hanger

I like it!
I prefer simple plant hangers that don't detract from the beauty and form of the plant.

o

Far out man! I dig it!

o

Nice Job!!

o

Tiff!
That thing Rocks! Congratulations!
Wondering about what's holding it into your ceiling and
'after-water' weight, but it looks Fantastic.
Still want one.

Let me know where to send the check!

Charlie

o

I like the simplicity of it! Awesome :-)

o

• Posted by tifflj 6 Pitts, PA (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 17, 12 at 21:33

I like the simplicity as well. Its not as invasive as a knotted one would be and it doesnt take away from the plant, which is important. Maybe i will try differennt designs like this one.

Charlie... I love the name charlie by the way. It is hanging from a hook my FIL already had in the ceiling. The are in hung by every window in the house.

As far as watering, i think i will just leave the plant in the hanger and take the whole thing to the sink. Its what i do with the other 2 hanging plants i have.

As far as weight, i dont think i would hang a heavy plant from a hook. Once the plant gets too big i would put in a tall plant stand. Rather be on the safe side.

Thank you for all your kind words!!

o

It's lovely Tiff, congratulations to you, nicely done. I too like the simplicity & the proportion, of size & dimension.

o

• Posted by tifflj 6 Pitts, PA (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 24, 12 at 3:07

Charlie... Sent you an email...

o

Hi Tiffers!

Got it! Thank you! Will forward the info! :-)

Charlie

o

Very simple, but nice. Overhand knots, I believe those are.

Oddly enough, I just made a macrame' garage door pull using blue baling twine and square knots. The electric garage door opener quit, and us shorter females here needed a way to reach the pull (made for tall people) that disengages the mechanism, making the door manual.

A nice plant hanger, to be sure! The plant stands out! :-)

o

Very nice indeed! I love my plant hangers that I made. One is a bit longer than I wanted, but it works. I want to make a double hanging one, the pattern I have requires at least 300 yards! but I think I am going to tone it down when I do it.

But congrats on your first baby! They are always the most special-- :)

Marjie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here