Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Houseplants...a Greenhouse Tour (pics)!

Posted by greenman28 Nor Cal 7/8 (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 28, 10 at 23:58

Good evening!

This weekend, I was out perusing plants at the local nursery, and I had my camera handy.
After pricing various citrus for the coming season, I headed over to the Houseplant section...
It's a pretty cozy greenhouse, and a great way to get out of the rain.

Not much in the way of Jades unfortunately; and they only have Thanksgiving Cacti,
and two types of Hoyas (bella, tricolor), but fun none the less!

I hope you enjoy these!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Josh

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Houseplants...a Greenhouse Tour (pics)!

Hi Josh,

It looks like a nice green house. Nice to see plant pictures now that it's so gray outside.

Thanks,

Larry

o

Thanks, Larry.
It was rainy and cold out when I took these pics, but that greenhouse was warm and cozy!
The place is so packed with plants that I didn't even notice the Monstera until I posted! ;)

Josh

o

Wow!!! Love those pictures and I wish I had a bigger greenhouse. It would be filled just like that. My smaller one is filled to overflowing now. Maybe I could add on to it!!

o

Josh,
Now you did it! We all want a tropical greenhouse now! ;-). LOL!
Great Pictures! I love them all. You could run back and grab me the huge plant in the 4th picture with all the pink fuzzies. he he..

I did the same thing about a week before you. The Guys were out of town, so I spent a whole day looking at plants, and a few came home with me. :-)(The ceropegia)sp.?

A place I stopped in had a tropical area. It was so warm and cozy I hated to leave. lol! Some of the plants hung so low you had to duck to walk through.

Maybe next time i'll take a camera. :-)
JoJo

o

JoJo! Welcome back!
Aren't greenhouses a nice place to relax and stroll around?

Yeah, I noticed several large pots of Ceropegia, just like yours. These were nearly
past their bloom, however.

I'll find out what that plant is with the pink fuzzies...it's bizarre...
I bet my cats would totally destroy it!

Josh

o

Hi Josh!
Thank you for the welcome back! Missed you!
Bizarre is a good word for it! lol!
It's cool!
My cat would have a field day with it!
I left my Banana tree's sitting on the table for a few minutes unattended last night, and caught him eating a leaf. Grr...
It would definatly have to be kept high. lol..

I had a blast just strolling the greenhouse alone. :-)
No husband rolling eye's cause he's getting bored, or child wanting everything he see's. lol...

Hey, I spelled it right! LOL!
My Ceropegia is still holding the pink, and most of the blooms are gone, but tons of new bright green growth and new buds!
I just love the plant!
I did see one or two in your pictures. They are great and it was fun looking at them!
See you soon,
JoJo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here