Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hottomato99

Ph / soil / gritty mix question

hottomato99
9 years ago

Hey all. So I am one of the converted to the faith of 511 and more recently gritty. I now have many plants well established and very happy in both soil types and a variety of mixes in between based on plant need etc. (Will post a few pics tomorrow) However I struggle with the finer points of soil composition such as micro nutrient and ph balance, especially on an ongoing basis.

Ok now my question. Assuming I balanced soils appropriately (questionable) when mixing (lime for 511 and gypsum for gritty? Also throw a tiny bit of azomite or conpost in for micros) what do I need to do to ensure a balance of the finer soil components on an ongoing basis? I try to flush the soil every month or so to avoid salt build up and am concerned I am washing out the line / gypsum / micros I added when creating the mix in the first place.

I currently use half strength Neptune harvest fish fertilizer every or every other watering. However I am almost out of that and planning on moving to foliage pro to address the potential micro nutrient issue soon... So confused....

Comments (4)