Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Variegated Fiddle Leaf?

Posted by ces797 5b OH (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 1, 08 at 10:53

Hi All
I just came across a posting from another site about a new cultivar of Ficus Lyrata called "Ivonne"
It's a variegated version of the Fiddle Leaf and the variegation looks very close to that of Ficus Elastica
Has anyone come across this before?
Wondering if I will ever be able to get my hands on one of these

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Variegated Fiddle Leaf?

ooh...Me Like!

I've never seen nor heard of it before....I'd probably strongly consider buying it if I did, though!

Did anyone on the other forum you spoke of own one?

I'm wondering if it might be difficult to keep happy.

o

I don't think anyone else has found it for purchase.
The website is "palm talk"
Someone mentioned seeing it only on a japanese website greenwave.jp but I tried navigating through the site translated to english and I couldn't find it

o

I'll be on the lookout for this. Am a big fan of the varieg. Ficus elastica (just lost one after 5+ yrs.). I expect I'd notice to combination of F. lyrata's leaf shape & the varieg of which I'm so fond.

Thanks for the heads up about this!

o

another pic

Photobucket

o

I wonder if Steve Ankeney might have one....he seems to be the first to obtain any 'new' variegates on the market.

You could email him and ask.

I'm guessing we'll see it before too long, but that it will be *very* expensive for the first few years.....like they all are!

Here is a link that might be useful: Steve Ankeney's website

o

ahh thanks for the info, I just sent an email
Will let you know if I hear anything

o

His email keeps getting returned to me. Maybe he is no longer in business

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here