Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Poinsettias at Meijers

Posted by nicoblue74 IN (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 2, 12 at 12:12

Hello, all! I used to frequent this forum back around 2000, but have been only a lurker for awhile. However, I had to share my find. Our Meijer stores in Indy have poinsettias for a little over $3. I ended up with 5 different colors: red, white with pink, red with white splash, light and dark pink, and a rose form. They also had very small ones in cute little pots. I also ended up bringing home a variegated holly with berries on it for $6. It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Now if someone could tell me where to buy a Chistmas Cactus. I know I have had them before, but I can only find the Thanksgiving varieties these days.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Poinsettias at Meijers

Christmas Cactus aren't considered commerically viable these days, and you won't find them in the big box stores or grocery stores. I have heard of people finding CC at a local nursery, but I have not been so lucky. You can buy cuttings or plants on Ebay, but the prices are outrageous (IMO). You may have success asking friends and neighbors, because there are still CC out there, old ones. Yard sales, Craig's list are another option.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here