Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You need one of these if anyone love fragrant plants!

Posted by meyermike_1micha 5 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 30, 12 at 14:47

Here is my 7 feet tall Osmanthus Fragrans...If I didn't have to cut it back every fall, I would let it grow as tall as it wants to give off even more flowers!

The fragrance fills the air even through my door when shut. I just love this easy to care for plant. If you have never had one, you might want to think twice.
Hoping every one is well.

Mike

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You need one of these if anyone love fragrant plants!

Oh wow! Can't argue that fragrance would be awesome, but... another plant 7 ft. tall... um... wish I could smell yours!! Look at the skylight. I hope my plants didn't see that.

o

Mike,

Enabler... LOl!!

Love your Olive tree!!

I bet the fragrance is to die for... Please go and take a deep breath for me and send those beautiful scents down south to me... We are having temps downn to 28* tonight..

Yikes!!!

Sleep Well!!

Laura

o

Warning: The plant general master has determined plant shopping with Mike could result in rooms full of fragranced Uhhh Lahh lahhhh

o

Hey, Mike! It's a wonderful aroma, isn't it? Mine, which is planted outside, has been blooming for several weeks, too. It's too darned cold to be able to enjoy it! We've had temperatures in the 20s....brrrrrrrrr!

o

Oh Dori, yes! Expecially when the room is cool and a bit humid. I remember you have one in your yard. Someday it would be an honor for me to see a pic of it either in my e-mail or right here. Please, keep your feet warm:-) and wish for a quick recovery to spring.
By the way, you owe me an e-mail:)

Wes, you crack me up.lol Hope you have a great reason to enter into a new year!)

Oh Laura, if you don't have one of these, you are mssing out!lol Now I KNOW how you feel about plants that have awesome fragrances..:-)
28 tonight! What's with that? I remeber your Plumeria being inside by now, thank goodness. Those poor palm trees. I am glad they can take that cold.
Hope all is well.

Hey Purple...Yup, I just had to have that skylight installed! It only took me a day and it's the best thing I could of done for my sanity to get me through this winter!
It's the brightest room in my house, but also the coldest. Go figure..lol
I use to keep it very warm and tropical, but the mites use to like that too. NO more..lol
It's actually almost 8 feet. I saved this tree from a nursery that was going to let it freeze to death in dire straights!
It was loaded with mites, mealy, and scale and a thorough cleaning and pruning got it to be as happy as it can be for now.
I was lazy about changing the mix this last spring, but this coming one I will and then it will be truly happy.

Have a happy one to all.

Mike

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here