Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
manolea

Pachira... Again

ManoLea
12 years ago

Yes, I know, these plants give everyone trouble! I've been searching other posts but can't find anything quite like what I am seeing. I have had mine for a little over a year, my original apartment was too dark for it, so it ended up on the patio for about a year. It received bright indirect light most of the day, but a few hours of direct sunlight. It looks healthy, is in well draining soil though the root ball is not as impressive as I would like. It has never flowered for me, but there is constant new growth.

The thing is, it has white patches on most every leaf. They look white and papery, with brown or yellow edges. These patches start in the center of the leaf it seems, and some spread towards the tips, some towards the base of the leaf. I've attached a picture below.

I'm hoping it is sun damage that will no longer be an issue now that I've moved it inside in a new apartment. I've placed it along the North wall where it gets indirect light from a south and a west window. I mist the leaves daily, only water when the soil is dry. I'm hoping that the indoors will fix it, but wanted to ask if anyone had seen this symptom before and if there was anything else I could be doing to help it.

Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:116225}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH