Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
syrcais

Bad luck with Columnea Carnival from Logees...

wendync
11 years ago

Hey guys, so I know you all have differing opinions on Logee's Greenhouse but I wanted to ask your opinion about one plant that just doesn't seem to do well!

I've bought over 12 plants from Logee's and for the most part, I've been pretty happy with them. Sure, some of the plants are a little on the small side(some are nicely sized), but that's something I can overlook if it's a hard-to-find plant and it's seemingly healthy.

However, I purchased a Columnea "Carnival" back in October and when I received it, it was the saddest little dinky plant ever. It appeared super stressed from shipping... an inch off the tips of every single piece on the plant had seemed to soften and start rotting by the time I had *received it*. It had dropped half it's leaves and over the next two months, shriveled into a leafless twig. It's still alive, but barely. Any way, I knew I had 60 days with Logees, so I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt and see if it turned around for me. It didn't. So I let them know, and the very next day they told me they were shipping a replacement.

I got it today. This plant is a little bigger, but it still looks terrible! It's dropped at least 20% of it's leaves, the tips of the plant are curled and purple in color and look like they are going to fall off. It doesn't look good.

I don't know why I am having such trouble with this plant! If it just doesn't ship well or what? I have received several plants from Logee's that were fine and now two of this Columnea that look like death!

I would really like to save this one...is there anything I can do?? I have placed it in a clear plastic bag off to the side of the growth lights for humidity...what do you think?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner