Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mateopava

Cyclamen africanum

mateopava
10 years ago

These will eventually go out on my balcony, and only come in with the threat of a freeze being that this species is frost sensitive. I should post on the balcony forum, but since this forum is more active, I thought I would post here first.
This is my first time growing Cyclamen from seed. They were slow to germinate, took 6 weeks from the sow date. They are now 2 weeks since first appearing above the soil line, and although they are growing taller, it is incredibly slow and still have yet to open their first leaf. Is this normal and I am just being impatient? I'm hoping someone here has experience with these and can give me some cultural advice.
I am currently growing them under grow lights in my office. It goes to about 60F at night, and to 70F during the day.
I have a unheated room at home with a bright southeast facing window, the temp in that room fluctuates between 50F and 55F, would it be better to grow them there?
Would it be better if I just put them on my patio and only bring them in if there is a frost risk?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County