Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lamora_gw

Hi All!!

Lamora
11 years ago

Well, Christmas has come and gone, the New Year is right around the corner, New hopes, new dreams and hopefully, new beginnings for all. And of course, new PLANTS!! :D

A lot of my plants are already in a "new beginning" mode. I cannot believe how much they have grown this Winter. I don't think any of them went dormant.

Even the Holiday Cactus that I was fretting over so much, has really showed me what they can do!! Very happy to report that the Christmas Cactus that I got from a friend here on GW is doing well. The Thanksgiving cactus that was given to me to rescue is doing very well too.

But all of them have grown so much. Only one Thanksgiving cactus isn't doing too well, but my DH is NOT GIVING UP ON IT! lol,, poor thing. (cactus- not DH, lol) looks like a sad little lost puppy that needs a lot of TLC!

I am going to have to have a "show and tell" post here, a "then and now" kinda thing to let you all see.

Yes, I am a very proud ma-ma now! With every thing going wrong in my life, my plants are the only thing that is doing well. The only thing I have total control of and something is going right! Yeaaaa for me!!

OH!! My husband did cut down a stem of that Green Potho (I think that is what it is) put a lot of stems in a jar of water, not hoping for much, but they are ROOTING AND GETTING LEAVES NOW!! Really surprised us both! I wasn't expecting much and he was expecting less. He has one planted and another one ready to be. It was funny when I showed him the first one, I thought he was going to fall over! lol.

I am totaly amazed at how a plant can "show you" just what it is made of!!

Anyway, will get some pics on here soon. Just to "show off" some~~ hee-hee..

Marjie

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists