Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
two dying ferns...... might they resurrect?

Posted by vermontlove 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 30, 12 at 18:00

I posted this in the ferns section, but this may be a more visible place to get an answer.... I was given 2 ferns. I put them in the bathroom, thinking they would like the constant moisture from the shower. I watered faithfully. They lasted 2 weeks, then looked exceedingly dried up (leaves) and looked dead. Do ferns not transplant well? do they have good roots in order to bounce back from this pseudo-death?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: two dying ferns...... might they resurrect?

A photo would be helpful. But all the same, some ferns are 'cast iron' and can be very tough to get rid of. Others are so delicate they'll wither if you just look at them the wrong way. So depends on which fern you've got.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here