Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bunti_gw

New addition

bunti
11 years ago

I have found this new aglaonema at local nursery. I have started liking ags. I have got siam aurora last year and its doing really great. Its growing very fast. This plant is doing the best among all my plants. I am not doing anything special to this plant. it became double the size.

I am planning to get few more types this summer.

Siam Aurora

{{gwi:116940}}

new addition

{{gwi:116942}}

Comments (12)

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

Wow, those are PRETTY! I just got an AG today too, I think it's a 'Silver Queen' (not as interesting looking as yours). I hope mine grows as well as your first one has (and hopefully your second one grows as well too).

Planto

• tropicbreezent
    11 years ago

I got one of those coloured Ags not long back and split the plant, seems like 2 cuttings had been put in the one pot together. Not long after both flowered although still small. They seem a bit different to the older type Ags.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Those are awesome!

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

Your new addition is a beauty! I had to look up aglaonemas and found out that there was a lot of variety. I also found out the Chinese consider them to be lucky plants and the Thai call them 'smile of fortune' plants. Marg

• nopets
    11 years ago

My neighbor gave me a poinsetta today and it is small and cute and I need some info on how to take care of it so I can keep it after the holidays. My sister-in-law had one for about 3 or 4 years, I hope I have it that long.

• eahamel
    11 years ago

I found one of those red ags at HD recently and couldn't resist! It' so pretty, isn't it?

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Bunti..I too adore Ags.

Both your Ags are beautiful, but the first is exceptional! It has so much red. Do you know its variety?

For me to find red Ags, I have to order from Thailand..boohoo.

How much sun is your Ags getting? Or are they in shade?

Nopets..You're better off starting a new thread. People who collect Poinsettias are more likely to respond, and answer your questions.. :) Toni

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Gosh Purple,

That's really quite beautiful, the array of colors is just stunning, as was the first pic on this thread. Think I like that yours is a bit more green than that one. Maybe some day I could talk swap w/ ya (yea, right, like still there's plants out there you like but don't already have, ha! I can dream!!)

Congrats to you on a fabulous find at a great price!!

• tropicbreezent
    11 years ago

That one is very nice, a lot darker than mine. But I have noticed that the leaves do get darker as they age.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Thanks, PG. I was instantly smitten.

That's unusually pretty, tropic! I wouldn't know what it was out of context.

• VaeVictus
    11 years ago

I have seen some aglaonemas (including reds) on Ebay sold by a few U.S. sellers who mostly seem to be reselling imported plants. Someday I'll get around to finding out if the variety I want can be added to their inventory (I like the one named "Venus"). But if you can't get these plants locally definitely give Ebay a try.

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts