Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi!! Remember me?? lol

Posted by Lamora 4 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 22, 13 at 19:08

Hi know, I haven't been here for a very long time. And I wouldn't blame you if you didn't remember me-- lol I do think about you all a lot tho-- if that counts for anything.. :)

I've had my second knee replaced in Oct. and it hasn't been doing so well, some major issues went on and slowed my progress down a lot.. but it is coming along, slowly, but doing better.

I am going to be on a lot more now that I have gotten a few personal things out of the way. I just wanted to show you a before and after pics of my WJ

This is before the hook broke..
 photo IMG_0131_zps524a754c.jpg

and this is after the hook broke..
 photo IMG_0146_zps495283f5.jpg

poor thing, DH tried to save it, put what he thought he could back in a new pot-- the one it was in broke into many peices.. but as the days went on, it was dying. So we took the good vines that we seen, and put them in water to root. So far they haven't rooted any, and it's been a few weeks. But the leaves don't look bad, only a few didn't make it with that.

This is just the first of before and now pictures I plan on showing you.. (need to practic my photography ;) )

Like I said, I will be here a lot more now. I have a lot to learn still and I want to get my plants up to where I am happy with them.. right now? I am a little disappointed in a few, some are surpising me too!! (in a good way)

I hope you all are having a good Holiday in what ever way you celebrate it--- be safe and have fun!

Marjie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi!! Remember me?? lol

Wandering jew is really easy to root in water, so I'd say just give it more time and it will root sooner or later. Hope your knee problems get better.

o

Marjie

Good to see you back, I was thinking about you. Hope your knee heals up really fast.
Good luck with the plants too. Sometimes, less attention you give them, better they do. We tend to 'love them to death' sometimes...lol

All the best and wishing you very happy holidays.

Rina

o

Hey, Marjie! So good to hear from you! "The hook broke" - what a bummer! Glad you have that awesome pic - what a great pot it was (and will be again.) I'm lucky that hasn't happened more to me with so many hanging pots. If you got it looking that great to begin with, I'm totally sure you can again, you know what to do. Sending good vibes to you, your family & plants. Hope your Christmas is very merry!
- Tiffany

o

hi again,, and thanks for the well wishes for my knee ;) (did much better in p/t today-- proud of myself :) )

Purple-- the plant was bought like that-- full grown cat! It just was getting longer when this happened. Don't know if it will ever be the same. But you know my DH -- he will try to get it there!

Merry Chirstmas to you too!

Marjie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here