Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
House Plants For Christmas :-)

Posted by moonwolf Z6 Central PA (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 17, 11 at 19:25

Hi everyone,

I'm giving my sister four kinds of houseplants (I took cuttings of them a few days ago) for Christmas. I am giving her these plants:

Epiphyllum oxypetalum
Spider plant (two little plantlets)
Hoya kerrii (The Sweetheart Hoya)
Jasminum sambac "Maid of Orleans"

I hope she likes them and I even typed up care sheets for her. I know my niece would help water them. Do you think I made some good selections for easy houseplants for her?

Is Santa bringing anyone new plants for Christmas? I know I'll be getting a new hoya for myself :-). I'm sending away for one and she (Joni) does include heat packs. I've got a plant from her before and all I can say is wow!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: House Plants For Christmas :-)

Now, you are going to give those plants for free and better than an e-eBay. I would be thrilled to get those kinds of plants! So yes. Great selection. Wishing you all the best dear friend.

For me, no One remembers me this time of the year, except for good people like you throughout the year. :)

Mike

o

Hi Mike,

Good to hear that I've made the right choice of plants for my sister!

If the weather wasn't so cold, Mike, I'd send you some cuttings :). I'll keep you in mind when spring rolls around. I keep ALL my friends in my thoughts. Some say that's my trouble: I worry too much. I hope you and your plants are doing well Mike! How's that big old Hoya carnosa you rescued a while back doing?

Merry Christmas everyone!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Plants are always a great gift at anytime....with exceptions. If the person is not a plant lover...or the house doesn't suit decor that includes plants, you are not doing her a favor cuz the plant will surely not do well...maybe even dying which then, she feels bad and maybe tries to hide the plant from visitors not wanting to admit she's not a plant person.
If the light she cant give the plant properly, then think of something else or offer her advice about its needs and especially how to water it.

o

You guys are great and I really like Mike. That said, I only have room in my house for a few choice plants. I share my house with my wife who doesn't like all the windows full of plants. She prefers them outside. So I must give away plants to make room for more plants. I would be careful who I send plants to for this reason. Mike, I'll get with you latter to see if you want any of my clearance items.
Stush

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here