Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pirate_girl

Am Back w/ Happy little blooms

pirate_girl
11 years ago

Here's a bit that's blooming for now, should go on for a while.

{{gwi:117094}}

Not that impressive 'til I tell you this cutting is 18 months old & is currently sitting on a heated radiator in front of a cold window & it's 30 degrees outside.

Such a cutie

{{gwi:117095}}

Planted in fast draining mix in the styrofoam cup (w/ holes) it came in. Tough little thing!!

Comments (11)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Glad to see you back!!

Hope all is well with your place in NY and that things have settled down for you.. I know it has been a difficult time from the storm.

Nice to see those beautiful blooms.. I think that is a good (positive) sign for the coming New Year!!! ;-)

Take Care,

Laura

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

That IS a cute little flower... but what is it?

• pirate_girl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, sorry Purp,

It's a Euphorbia milii, nothing fancy, white bloom, instead of red, but a bright little bit of sunshine for my last day of the year.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Thanks! It looks a lot like an African violet flower, but of course the leaves are totally different. I love it!

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Very charming Karen, and then of course I am a pit partial towards the white ones, which I have still to aquire.

By the way, what is that plant directly behind it, it looks nice from from what I can see. They seem to love that spot.

It's good to see you back and hoping things are better for you next year than this last.

Happy new year:-0)

• val1
    11 years ago

Very cute blooms on such a petite plant! I agree with Mike and prefer the white blooms. Hope you have a wonderful new year.

• pirate_girl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks folks, for the Good Wishes & the Welcome Back.

Who knew this little E milii would be such a resounding success here.

This particular milii blooms like crazy. I'll try to take a few pix in the next couple of days to show the whole thing (it's got rather long leaves, different than my others).

No Mike, pls. DO NOT BUY One next Spring, remind me & we'll swap something or other. I'll try to remember to take a stem cutting when Spring arrives. Meanwhile, if I see more at my Indoor Gardening Club (where I got this) I'll get some more to share here.

Wishing a Happy Healthy (& Safe) New Year to You All!

• pirate_girl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

PS to MeyerMike:

About the plant behind the bloomer that you asked about - hum, are you ready, it's a plain old Aloe Vera, think I bought at a grocery store a few yrs. ago to keep near my kitchen in case of burns. It's a few yrs. old, pretty slow growing, I think I'd moved the larger divisions out to a friend's home in Connecticut, to give them 'a home in the country' w/ unlimited space (outdoors). I'll have to ask if they're still alive in cold, wintry CT.

FYI: that is an unobstructed west window, where I keep a pretty mixed collection of C&S Hoyas cause of the excellent light.

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    11 years ago

Nice New Years blooms, Karen :-)

Josh

• meyermike_1micha
    11 years ago

Thank you Karen, and I will come up with a unique plant for you.

Wouldn't be nice if you could have many more sunny windows? There is something about seeing our plants thrive in the middle of winter with what little sun they can get. I can see your Hoya plants loving that spot too.Very nice.

Hey Josh!

Hoping you are all having a very nice New Year's Day. Don't let the frigid weather get you down.

Mike

This post was edited by meyermike_1micha on Tue, Jan 1, 13 at 8:26

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    11 years ago

Karen - I hope the tide turns for you - such that the new year is rife with blessings instead of beleaguerment (Sandy). Best luck!

Al