Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Am Back w/ Happy little blooms

Posted by pirate_girl Zone7 NYC (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 30, 12 at 19:35

Here's a bit that's blooming for now, should go on for a while.

Photobucket

Not that impressive 'til I tell you this cutting is 18 months old & is currently sitting on a heated radiator in front of a cold window & it's 30 degrees outside.

Such a cutie

Photobucket

Planted in fast draining mix in the styrofoam cup (w/ holes) it came in. Tough little thing!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Am Back w/ Happy little blooms

Glad to see you back!!

Hope all is well with your place in NY and that things have settled down for you.. I know it has been a difficult time from the storm.

Nice to see those beautiful blooms.. I think that is a good (positive) sign for the coming New Year!!! ;-)

Take Care,

Laura

o

That IS a cute little flower... but what is it?

o

Thanks, sorry Purp,

It's a Euphorbia milii, nothing fancy, white bloom, instead of red, but a bright little bit of sunshine for my last day of the year.

o

Thanks! It looks a lot like an African violet flower, but of course the leaves are totally different. I love it!

o

Very charming Karen, and then of course I am a pit partial towards the white ones, which I have still to aquire.

By the way, what is that plant directly behind it, it looks nice from from what I can see. They seem to love that spot.

It's good to see you back and hoping things are better for you next year than this last.

Happy new year:-0)

o

• Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
    Mon, Dec 31, 12 at 12:55

Very cute blooms on such a petite plant! I agree with Mike and prefer the white blooms. Hope you have a wonderful new year.

o

Thanks folks, for the Good Wishes & the Welcome Back.

Who knew this little E milii would be such a resounding success here.

This particular milii blooms like crazy. I'll try to take a few pix in the next couple of days to show the whole thing (it's got rather long leaves, different than my others).

No Mike, pls. DO NOT BUY One next Spring, remind me & we'll swap something or other. I'll try to remember to take a stem cutting when Spring arrives. Meanwhile, if I see more at my Indoor Gardening Club (where I got this) I'll get some more to share here.

Wishing a Happy Healthy (& Safe) New Year to You All!

o

PS to MeyerMike:

About the plant behind the bloomer that you asked about - hum, are you ready, it's a plain old Aloe Vera, think I bought at a grocery store a few yrs. ago to keep near my kitchen in case of burns. It's a few yrs. old, pretty slow growing, I think I'd moved the larger divisions out to a friend's home in Connecticut, to give them 'a home in the country' w/ unlimited space (outdoors). I'll have to ask if they're still alive in cold, wintry CT.

FYI: that is an unobstructed west window, where I keep a pretty mixed collection of C&S Hoyas cause of the excellent light.

o

Nice New Years blooms, Karen :-)

Josh

o

Thank you Karen, and I will come up with a unique plant for you.

Wouldn't be nice if you could have many more sunny windows? There is something about seeing our plants thrive in the middle of winter with what little sun they can get. I can see your Hoya plants loving that spot too.Very nice.

Hey Josh!

Hoping you are all having a very nice New Year's Day. Don't let the frigid weather get you down.

Mike

This post was edited by meyermike_1micha on Tue, Jan 1, 13 at 8:26

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 1, 13 at 12:35

Karen - I hope the tide turns for you - such that the new year is rife with blessings instead of beleaguerment (Sandy). Best luck!

Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here