Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cheers12054

Need help with plant I.D. please.

cheers12054
11 years ago

Hi, can anyone tell me what this plant is?

Comments (25)

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

I have an idea, but not of interest to me.

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

Maybe I've seen too many crime shows, that almost looks like an illegal plant if you get my drift... (hope someone will prove me wrong).

• greenthumbfaerie
    11 years ago

Judging by your...erm...collection...you know full well what this plant is. I just hope that you're not growing it illegally.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Did you forget?

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Hey Purple,

A haha hahaha!

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    11 years ago

Pass the brownies!

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

Wrong forum for this, in my view.

Christopher

11 years ago

This thread is making me thirsty!

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

I think some's just yanking our chain Chris, nice lookin' bud too!

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

PG,
    I was wondering after I posted if someone was just looking for a rise by posting this...

Planto

• flowerpottipper
    11 years ago

Yea, I think they posted this for shock factor, trying to upset us....not sure why...kinda dumb. They must be really bored to do this. They didnt really succeed, we've talked about some weird things here, gonna take a lot more to 'shock' us lol.

-FPT

11 years ago

I'm not sure what is the story behind this is but am hesitant to jump to any conclusions. Could be someone who stumbled onto something they weren't meant to see. I just hope this is in one of the kinder, gentler states where they're kind to the kind... and that it has a chance to ripen and be appreciated. Looks a lot like a good ol' strain from the 80's called "purple 16."

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Since no one has yet mentioned it by name Cheers, why don't YOU tell us what is it & then maybe perhaps share why you've posted it here. Curious minds would like to know.

• birdsnblooms
    11 years ago

Maybe it's Cleome..

If not, I'm certain this 'weed' is used medicinal purposes.

Here is a link that might be useful: RE: Need help with plant I.D. please.

• plantsaremylife_grow
    11 years ago

Can we not say Cannibis on the forums? Whoops! Just guessing. Gosh it's ugly. Nothing I want to par-take in. It's looks disgusting to me personally. Reminds me of some kind of warts or some kind of elephantitis for plants lol. Vomit! Kyle

• cheers12054
    Original Author
    11 years ago

For all of you that think I posted as a joke your wrong!!! No actually I DON'T know what this plant is that's why I ask...I did not say it was MY plant!! A guy on a dating site has this on his profile.
    I have an idea what it is but wanted to be sure I have only seen pic's and they had leafs with 3 points......and no I didn't contact him....not into that stuff.

11 years ago

Sorry that happened, Cheers. And thanks for coming back to settle the mystery. Hope you find a diamond in the rough soon! Chin up!

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

Cheers,
    Sorry about that too.

Planto

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Well I'm not so sure we need to apologize, I really did think it was a joke, why apologize?

I'm sorry it upset you, Cheers, it wasn't meant to & yes, I do believe that IS Cannibis. Am guessing if you search for it w/ that name, you'll see lots of similar pictures.

11 years ago

I wasn't apologizing for anything I said or for the playful tone of what other people may have said, just sympathizing with Cheers' encounter with the dating site, being turned off by this discovery. It's certainly her prerogative to have whatever opinion, as well as everyone else's to theirs. (Do I win the poor grammar of the day award?) CannAbis, btw...

Smiles to all, with or without...!

• flora_uk
    11 years ago

Cheers - my friend found a gem on her very last try before the subscription ran out. As others have said, chin up! Meanwhile, how about growing a few houseplants?

• marguerite_gw Zone 9a
    11 years ago

I thought it was some kind of sage. Interesting how everyone else had other ideas.

• plantomaniac08
    11 years ago

I was only apologizing because I believe that I may have upset Cheers. :)

Planto

• cheers12054
    Original Author
    11 years ago

flora, I'm sure your friend had to deal with her share of losers with on line dating. I'm glad she found one of the few good guys.....I do have a few house plants tho I don't have good lighting for most.

To the others...you have all had your laugh so now maybe we should just move on and maybe next time you will not assume the worst of the next person that asks an innocent question......

11 years ago

Cheers, you could have included the info about why you were looking for an ID when you originally posted your picture. You said you suspected what it was and were just looking for confirmation. I'm not sure what kind of responses you expected but I said I was giving you the benefit of the doubt in genuinely wanting to know what it was. Several people sympathized with what you considered an unpleasant experience after they understood why this was posted. Had you been more forthcoming originally, or at least not a stranger, this conversation would have gone differently. I hope you'll stick around and get to know some of the great people here, and continued good luck in meeting a non-loser!

Sponsored
Pioneers Kitchen and Bath LLC.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Loudoun County's Professional Kitchen & Bath Remodelers