Return to the House Plants Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with plant I.D. please.

Posted by cheers12054 5 (cheers12054@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Dec 7, 12 at 20:33

Hi, can anyone tell me what this plant is?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with plant I.D. please.

I have an idea, but not of interest to me.

o

Maybe I've seen too many crime shows, that almost looks like an illegal plant if you get my drift... (hope someone will prove me wrong).

o

Judging by your...erm...collection...you know full well what this plant is. I just hope that you're not growing it illegally.

o

Did you forget?

o

Hey Purple,

A haha hahaha!

o

Pass the brownies!

o

Wrong forum for this, in my view.

Christopher

o

This thread is making me thirsty!

o

I think some's just yanking our chain Chris, nice lookin' bud too!

o

PG,
I was wondering after I posted if someone was just looking for a rise by posting this...

Planto

o

Yea, I think they posted this for shock factor, trying to upset us....not sure why...kinda dumb. They must be really bored to do this. They didnt really succeed, we've talked about some weird things here, gonna take a lot more to 'shock' us lol.

-FPT

o

I'm not sure what is the story behind this is but am hesitant to jump to any conclusions. Could be someone who stumbled onto something they weren't meant to see. I just hope this is in one of the kinder, gentler states where they're kind to the kind... and that it has a chance to ripen and be appreciated. Looks a lot like a good ol' strain from the 80's called "purple 16."

o

Since no one has yet mentioned it by name Cheers, why don't YOU tell us what is it & then maybe perhaps share why you've posted it here. Curious minds would like to know.

o

Maybe it's Cleome..

If not, I'm certain this 'weed' is used medicinal purposes.

Here is a link that might be useful: RE: Need help with plant I.D. please.

o

Can we not say Cannibis on the forums? Whoops! Just guessing. Gosh it's ugly. Nothing I want to par-take in. It's looks disgusting to me personally. Reminds me of some kind of warts or some kind of elephantitis for plants lol. Vomit! Kyle

o

For all of you that think I posted as a joke your wrong!!! No actually I DON'T know what this plant is that's why I ask...I did not say it was MY plant!! A guy on a dating site has this on his profile.
I have an idea what it is but wanted to be sure I have only seen pic's and they had leafs with 3 points......and no I didn't contact him....not into that stuff.

o

Sorry that happened, Cheers. And thanks for coming back to settle the mystery. Hope you find a diamond in the rough soon! Chin up!

o

Cheers,
Sorry about that too.

Planto

o

Well I'm not so sure we need to apologize, I really did think it was a joke, why apologize?

I'm sorry it upset you, Cheers, it wasn't meant to & yes, I do believe that IS Cannibis. Am guessing if you search for it w/ that name, you'll see lots of similar pictures.

o

I wasn't apologizing for anything I said or for the playful tone of what other people may have said, just sympathizing with Cheers' encounter with the dating site, being turned off by this discovery. It's certainly her prerogative to have whatever opinion, as well as everyone else's to theirs. (Do I win the poor grammar of the day award?) CannAbis, btw...

Smiles to all, with or without...!

o

Cheers - my friend found a gem on her very last try before the subscription ran out. As others have said, chin up! Meanwhile, how about growing a few houseplants?

o

I thought it was some kind of sage. Interesting how everyone else had other ideas.

o

I was only apologizing because I believe that I may have upset Cheers. :)

Planto

o

flora, I'm sure your friend had to deal with her share of losers with on line dating. I'm glad she found one of the few good guys.....I do have a few house plants tho I don't have good lighting for most.

To the others...you have all had your laugh so now maybe we should just move on and maybe next time you will not assume the worst of the next person that asks an innocent question......

o

Cheers, you could have included the info about why you were looking for an ID when you originally posted your picture. You said you suspected what it was and were just looking for confirmation. I'm not sure what kind of responses you expected but I said I was giving you the benefit of the doubt in genuinely wanting to know what it was. Several people sympathized with what you considered an unpleasant experience after they understood why this was posted. Had you been more forthcoming originally, or at least not a stranger, this conversation would have gone differently. I hope you'll stick around and get to know some of the great people here, and continued good luck in meeting a non-loser!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here