Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
country_in_the_city

post your garden window pics

Hi, I'm hoping to get some pictures of your garden windows. I know they can be a lot of work to maintain, but I think it would really make our kitchen seem more open. Right now, we have almost no windowsill and I can only have a bud vase in the window. There were some great pictures of garden windows on gw in the past, but most of the hosted photos are no longer available. The stock vendor photos are boring. Our window will face NW, so if you have any suggestions about plants or can suggest a more appropriate forum, please let me know!

Comments (3)

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    10 years ago

Is this the kind of pic you mean? I'm sure people have pics, they must also be confused by the wording of your post. We can figure it out.

• country_in_the_city
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Garden windows are often used over the kitchen sink. They are bumped out and have shelves for plants. I'm not asking about the window Itself but about photos of pots and plants real gardeners use as opposed to the stock photos. I am more of an outside gardener so houseplants are something that i don't know as much about.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    10 years ago

Garden window inserts were something of a fad some time ago, but nothing that I've seen nor been asked about for years. I believe that that's why there have been no responses to your question.

Are you asking how others address the issue of a narrow window ledge or what kinds of containers we use for our smaller plants?

I used to have glass shelves in some of my windows but didn't like how the plants blocked the sunlight from entering the room. I also found that I did not like having my views to the outdoors blocked.

But that's me!