I put it in my windowsill

I water it when the soil feels dry at the top

should I water it more often?

or what is the problem with it?

please help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my winter cherry needs ur help

Very difficult to identify a problem from the photograph. Could possibly be powdery mildew, a serious spider mite infestation, or improper watering. Is the whole volume of potting medium getting a good soak on watering day, or are you delivering little sips?

Solanum pseudocapsicum is quite toxic to animals and youngsters, so be sure to get all of the fallen fruit. I mention this only as a precaution...in case you don't already know. :-)

o

• Posted by tapla z5b-6a mid-MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 27, 12 at 18:02

In addition to Dori's questions ...... did you fertilize it? Where do you live?

Al

o

rhizo_1
I just water it until the water drain from the bottom
thanks to you I know it is toxic I read too much about plants , but I don't know why this problem occurs with it

Tapla
I live in Iraq , the green houses here don't let the plants too much care and there is no good fertilizer .I use spray instead of fertilizer .

sorry for my bad English

o

I think that your English is great!

o

thank you I really hope this

o

Fri, Dec 28, 12 at 21:53

And what kind of 'spray' do you use? What is in it?

Al

o

There is no ingredient written on the spray bottle just cautions in different languages

this is the spray I use

o

That spray appears to be leaf shine, not a fertiliser. If you can buy leaf shine I would have thought you could find some house plant food. Baby Bio is the most common in the UK.

That said I don't think your plant's problems are caused by lack of fertiliser. It looks as if it is mildewy and shows signs of being kept too warm, too moist and too dark. I don't know what your outside temperatures would be at the moment but it could probably take some time out in the fresh air. Winter Cherries tend to be short lived indoors but I have seen them thriving as low shrubs in gardens in Italy. Just before Christmas I saw one in a snowy garden near Milan.

o

Tue, Jan 1, 13 at 12:23

Saleh - the reason I'm asking about fertilizers and anything you might have sprayed on the plant is, I'm getting the sense that this might not be related to a disease like PM. Rather, it looks to me as though it might be a negative reaction to either a chemical compound or the vehicle (what the chemical is dissolved in) used to deliver it.

Al

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the House Plants Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here