Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaycee27

Freaking out because of scale

Jaycee27
10 years ago

I was clipping my basil plant so I could dry some of it. While doing so I noticed it was sticky and I found little oval, brown stripped spots. In a panic I asked my boyfriend to come look. Well, we both think they look like bugs. And so my fear is confirmed.... scale.

Immediately I start thinking about the little palm that had been sharing the kitchen window sill with the basil. The tips of his leaves have started to turn brown and he wasn't looking too happy. I thought he wasn't getting enough light so I moved him to the bedroom window sill, where about six more plants live. I go and check him and sure enough he has little brown oval spots at the base of his leaves.

Now I am in a full blown panic!! I have roughly 25-30 plants in my apartment, nearly half of which are in the bedroom. The palm is back to the kitchen by himself and the basil is sitting on the porch in about 30 degree weather with a foot and a half of snow. I can always grow more basil. The ivy, palm, aloe, dumb cane, scheff, and baby spiders, as well as a few other, I can't just get more.

Any help on how to treat the already infected and how to prevent the scale from spreading would be very much appreciated. I am almost in tears because I keep thinking all of my plants will get it and die. :(

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County