Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Broccoli rabe

Posted by Running_Dog Ireland (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 15, 05 at 10:25

I know this is a completely OT question for the hypertufa forum, but as this is the only forum I've been using I'm hoping someone will be able to give me some info :)

My American brother-in-law is just back from a holiday in his native New York. He brought home with him loads of broccoli rabe (or raab) which he and my sister are addicted to.

Anyone got any advice about where they/I might get hold of seeds for that type of broccoli? It's different from the type of broccoli available here in Ireland.

Searching on google for broccoli rabe, I keep coming up with seeds for a type of turnip. Anyone know if that's the same thing as the New York 'broccoli rabe'?

http://www.seedsofitaly.sagenet.co.uk/turnips.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Broccoli rabe?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Broccoli rabe

I don't know the answer for you, but I can steer you in the right direction. Since you are already a member of Garden Web, you can also participate at most all of the forums available here. Here is the index. Try seed exchange or Vegetable Gardening. Post your question there. They may be able to help you quickly. Good luck with your search.

Here is a link that might be useful: Index of GW Forums

o
RE: Broccoli rabe

Thanks for the reply. I've done a bit more searching, and it definitely looks like it's the same thing. So I'll be able to get seeds from the link above for my siser and her husband.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here