Return to the Hypertufa Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fiber added to hypertufa

Posted by joeworm 9fl (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 17:43

what kind of fiber is added to the mix and where can i get it?
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fiber added to hypertufa

Go to a concrete supply store. Look up where in you area they sell and or deliver concrete. There maybe a retail store that sells supplies. Ask for a bag of fiber.

FYI - Typically I only use fiber if I am making a very large hypertufa container - like 2-3ft. Smaller pots maybe up to aprox 22" really do not need fiber in the mix.

Have fun Joe

Here is a link that might be useful: Large Pot

o

that's a nice effect with the glass shards imbedded in the pot wall.
what do you do to dull the edges of the glass to keep from getting cut while handling the pot?
thanks

o

I bought a bag of glass glass mulch at a garden center. It is not all that sharp.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hypertufa Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here